Join our exclusive Princess Cruises and the Ghan Train escorted tour to Australia in March 2024. This is a rare opportunity to embark ‘Coral Princess’ in Sydney to cruise via Brisbane and Cairns to Darwin. ‘Coral Princess’ is a comfortable 4-star cruise ship with all the bells and whistles to entertain you for eight nights of luxury. Darwin, the Northern Territory Capital, offers history and Litchfield National Park boasts a myriad of cascading waterfalls, waterholes and pools, spectacular rock formations and flora and fauna.
The legendary Ghan rail journey through the heart of Australia includes ever-changing landscapes, meals, drinks and off-train excursions in Katherine and Alice Springs.
We have limited space available and we hope you can join us on another of our Australian adventures.
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand, arriving mid-morning in Sydney. On arrival, transfer to the Port of Sydney to board Coral Princess in time for a late lunch. Depart Sydney Harbour late afternoon.
A day of cruising at sea. Treat yourself and dine at one of the delicious specialty restaurants this evening and later catch a Broadway-style show in the theatre to complete a perfect evening on board.
The cool and casual capital of Queensland offers all the glitz and glam of a big city, without the big city airs. Located on the banks of the Brisbane River and surrounded by rolling hills, this urban oasis is certainly a great day out.
Another cruising day. Pamper yourself and pay a visit to the spa for a relaxing massage or beauty treatment.
A short stop at this tiny island sitting beyond the Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea Islands Territory. Wildlife numbering into the thousands, Willis Island itself caters to many species of seabirds, including Masked, Brown and Red-footed Boobies that cry out nearly 24 hours a day.
Cairns is one of Australia’s hottest vacation destinations. Sixteen miles of superb beaches stretch to the north of the city - the famed Marlin Coast and inland lies the immense Daintree National Park. Cairns itself basks in tropical sunshine and balmy breezes waft in from Trinity Bay. The city’s graceful, tree-lined esplanade was once the gateway to the gold fields of North Queensland.
This morning arrive into Darwin. Disembark ‘Coral Princess’ and join your fellow passengers on a sightseeing tour of Darwin, getting the perfect introduction to Darwin’s history and quirky charm.
Today explore Darwin on a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour. Discover the best of Darwin, including the lush Botanic Gardens, crocodiles at Crocosaurus Cove and fascinating local history at the Military Museum. Visit the Royal Flying Doctors Tourist facility and enjoy lunch at Stokes Hill Wharf.
Today you will have a free day to explore Darwin’s iconic go-to destinations.
An early morning start for the drive to Litchfield National Park. The gorgeous, historical town of Batchelor is the gateway to Litchfield National Park. View the termite mounds found at Litchfield National Park and the spectacular double waterfall of Florence Falls from a high vantage point. One of the three major waterfalls along the western face of the Tabletop Range is Tolmer Falls. Marvel at the water cascading down into the deep waterhole at the base of the falls. Return to Darwin this evening.
A full day to explore Darwin and uncover some Northern Territory gems along the way. Tonight we enjoy a Darwin Harbour Sunset Cruise with fresh seafood and local produce on offer.
This morning transfer to the Darwin Rail Terminal to board The Ghan. Prepare for a journey of comfort, relaxation and a touch of adventure, as the legendary Ghan takes you deep into the heart of Australia. This afternoon you will arrive into Katherine, home of the stunning Katherine Gorge and rich in Indigenous history.
Continue your journey aboard The Ghan making an extended stop in Alice Springs - the heart of the Red Centre. Dinner on the train is followed by an extraordinary evening experience in the outback where you will see the Milky Way like you have never seen it before.
Today arrive into Adelaide late morning. Enjoy a short city tour before transferring to our beachfront hotel in Glenelg.
After breakfast we travel to the Barossa, followed by a heritage tour and lunch at Seppeltsfield Winery. After lunch return to Glenelg. Remainder of the day at leisure.
After breakfast transfer to Adelaide Airport for your flight home.
Please contact us to extend your stay in Adelaide!
• Economy flights Auckland – Sydney // Adelaide - Auckland
• All international transfers
• Eight nights aboard ‘Coral Princess’ in the Stateroom of your choice
• All meals included on board ‘Coral Princess’
• Cocktail reception on board
• ‘Coral Princess’ gratuities, port taxes & fees
• Five nights Darwin post-cruise
• Full day tour to Litchfield National Park
• Hop on Hop off Darwin bus tour
• Entry into Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility
• Stokes Hill Wharf lunch voucher in Darwin
• Darwin Harbour Sunset Dinner Cruise.
• Two nights on board The Ghan in Gold Class (Beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks, water, tea and coffee included)
• Off-train excursions in Katherine & Alice Springs
• Two night’s hotel accommodation in Adelaide including breakfast
• Adelaide City Sights experience Tour
• Day tour to Sepplesfield Winery in the Barossa Valley including lunch
• Pukekohe Travel escort, subject to 20 people travelling
|Cost Per Person *
Auckland - Auckland
|$16,995 - SOLDOUT
|Early Booking Discount ( 31 July 2023 )
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel insurance – please ask us for a quote
• Airline taxes (NZD$249)
• A non-refundable deposit of NZ$3,500 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment by 12 October 2023
• No refund after full payment
• From date of booking until 12 October 2023 – loss of deposit
• After 12 October 2023 – no refund
• Travel insurance is essential – please ask for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visas are required for NZ Passport holders to enter Australia
• All others please ask
Sydney. 25˚c. 18˚c
Brisbane 29˚c 20˚c
Darwin. 32˚c. 25˚c
Alice Springs. 33˚c. 18˚c
Adelaide 26˚c 16˚c
• Checked-in luggage is not accessible during the train journey. Pack your cabin bag with the essentials for the two nights on The Ghan.
• Smart casual is required for the Queen Adelaide Restaurant on board the train.
• Daytime – comfortable touring clothes, good walking shoes. Evening – smart casual for hotels and on board the train.
• Cruising: As above, with something more dressy for the special nights on board. There are casual alternative restaurants.
• A good standard of fitness is required for this tour. The ability to walk unaided for 500 metres is essential. The train is unstable while travelling, therefore you need to be firm-of-foot.
Coral Princess, a mid-sized cruise ship, is known for its top quality food and service. Be sure to try the Bayou Café and Steakhouse, which features classic steakhouse cuisine, join friends for cocktails and Movies Under the Stars by the pool or try some decadent treats at the International Café.
Refurbished: Jan 2019
Balcony Stateroom - Featuring two twin beds or a queen-size bed. Other amenities include a refrigerator, hair dryer, TV and bathroom with shower
Oceanview Stateroom - Enjoy the added benefit of a view of the ocean from either a picture window or porthole that brings in natural light.
• The Outback Explorer Lounge is the train’s centre of activity
• Gold Service Guests dine in the classically-appointed Queen Adelaide Restaurant
• Gold Twin - a comfortable sleeper cabin features private en-suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a three-seater lounge by day
• Gold Single - a compact sleeper cabin features a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/ toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
Gold Class Service Features
• All-inclusive dining. A regionally inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
• All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier-imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible but accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days.
Please click here to download a copy of the booking form
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change