Join our new tour to South Australia which includes a 2-night ever popular Murray River Cruise aboard the Proud Mary. Plus five nights in the South Australian Capital of Adelaide which allows us time to explore highlights such as McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills and the village of Hahndorf.
The Murray River in South Australia offers landscapes like no other. The 2 nights will be spent cruising the river watching Australian Native animals at play including Kangaroos and prolific bird life, plus you will come away with an education on this area, which helped shape the early days of Australia.
Depart on Air New Zealand to arrive into Adelaide late morning. Transfer to our beach front hotel in Glenelg with an afternoon to relax. A welcome dinner tonight to mix and mingle.
This morning we have a tour of Adelaide City including the Adelaide Oval and Central City Markets. Free time this afternoon to further explore the city or the vibrant seaside suburb of Glenelg.
Today a day at leisure to follow your own interests. Why not explore the city centre, take in a museum or art gallery or sit and relax in the seaside suburb of Glenelg.
Today we discover some of the best food and wine in McLaren Vale including a visit to the spectacular d’Arenberg Cube. The day will be full of wine tastings, craft beer samplings and even a distillery experience. Lunch at the Red Poles Restaurant will be a highlight.
After breakfast we travel to the picturesque Adelaide Hills where we visit the attractive German settled town of Hahndorf. Time to wander the shops. Enjoy a 2-course lunch at iconic, ‘The Haus Restaurant’ before departing Hahndorf and on to board the Proud Mary late afternoon. This evening we cruise upstream under floodlight to our overnight mooring at Woodlane. Enjoy viewing the nocturnal wildlife especially birds such as night herons, owls and coots.
After a hearty breakfast we continue upstream to Mannum with time to stroll this historic town. This afternoon we continue our cruise to Teal Flat where we are welcome to board a small river boat with an expert ecologist to explore the shallows and cliffs of the Murray River. This evening a traditional gourmet Aussie BBQ.
This morning our cruise returns to Mannum where we board a coach for our Tour to Reedy Peak Environmental Park an important point for gathering Aboriginal Tribes. Lunch back onboard before we cruise downstream to Murray Bridge. We disembark the Proud Mary and return to Adelaide for our farewell dinner.
Transfer to the airport for a late morning departure. Welcome home.
• Air New Zealand flights 'The Works' Auckland - Adelaide return
• Five nights beachfront hotel in Glenelg, Adelaide
• Adelaide City Sights Tour including the Adelaide Oval
• McLaren Vale Tour & The Cube
• Wine tastings at d’Arenberg, Beresford Wines & Wirra Wirra Vineyards
• All transfers on tour
• 2 nights onboard Proud Mary in an Outside Cabin ( twin beds ) cruising roundtrip from Murray Bridge and including on board meals, entertainment & select on-shore tours.
• Visit Hahndorf & the Adelaide Hills.
• Visit the newly-renovated iconic Beerenberg Farm.
• 2-course lunch at The Haus Restaurant.
• All touring as per the itinerary.
• 7 breakfasts.
• 4 lunches.
• 4 dinners
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 18 August 2023
• From the date of booking to 18 August 2023– loss of deposit
• After 18 August 2023 – no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
It is essential you can manage your own suitcase. A bag with wheels is an advantage when travelling through airports.
Adelaide 21 ˚c 12 ˚c
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel - check
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders - check
• All other passport holders – please ask
• Australian dollars
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you and others in the group, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required. If you are over 80 years of age the Proud Mary Cruise asks for a certificate of fitness from you GP. You can be excluded from this requirement if you are travelling with Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
The Proud Mary has recently undergone refurbishment to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. You can order a drink and venture out onto the Proud Mary’s spacious open decks or enjoy the intimate lounge and dining areas. The Captain’s commentary may spark an interest to peruse the vessel’s resource centre and learn more from one of the many books available on board. Canoes are available free of charge to enable our passengers to explore at their leisure any spectacular mooring locations or to discover the backwaters. For those who like a spot of fishing, reels and baits are also available. The Proud Mary boasts 18 spacious ensuite river view cabins.
With only one room type, each cabin has:
• Individually controlled air conditioning units
• Private ensuite
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Hair dryers
The Wheelhouse is open to all passengers to visit at any time. You can see first-hand how the boat is run, ask questions of the Captain and even take the wheel yourself if you’d like to.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible but accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change