Traversing the Alps bedecked in its winter cloak does have its own magic. This trip offers the opportunity to experience it twofold.
Of the three major passes, the two most travelled are Lewis and Arthurs and these have been included.
To provide a differing experience and for variation one will be by road the other by rail.
The Tranzalpine train journey in itself is a highlight. Two nights in the Mountain village of Hanmer Springs is a chance to bathe in the hot pools.
As one visitor to our shores once remarked after a visit to the region, “The South Island is like Scotland on steroids”.
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand. On arrival Christchurch, transfer to your central hotel. This afternoon, meet your guide for a walking tour of central Christchurch
A welcome dinner is included tonight.
After breakfast, depart Christchurch and head north to the Waipara district for a winery lunch. Continue onto Hamner Springs for a two night stay.
Today is yours to soak in the hot pools, walk, shop or hire a bike!
This morning board the coach for the Lewis Pass. Enroute a stop for a short walk in a beech forest and an Alpine wetland. Arrive in Reefton in time for lunch.
Travel onto Greymouth with time to enjoy this West Coast town.
Dinner is included tonight.
This morning (weather permitting) we will visit Shantytown Heritage Park. Early afternoon board the world famous Tranz Alpine Train in Scenic Plus.
Plus: Scenic Plus Experience – More than a journey At the heart of your Scenic Plus experience is a carriage, with huge panoramic windows, glass shelves and skylights. The freshly prepared food is delivered to your seat with regional wines to match. A captivating commentary, great hosting and spectacular views ensure you enjoy the journey.
On arrival transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay. A farewell dinner is at the hotel tonight.
Transfer back to the airport for your morning flight home this morning.
**ask if you would like to extend your stay in Christchurch
• Return flights Auckland –Christchurch with Air New Zealand *ask about other destinations
• Daily breakfast
• Winery lunch
• Meals as indicated
• Five nights’ accommodation
• Tranzalpine - Scenic Plus Class. Greymouth – Christchurch
• Enterance fee to Shanty Town
• Pukekohe Travel escort *subject minimum 15 persons
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required to secure your place on the tour.
Full payment is due not later than 25 June 2021
Bookings made after 25 June 2021 – full payment at time of booking
• Deposit – non-refundable
• Full payment – non-refundable
• All cancellations are on a per person basis
• No refund can be made one the tour is underway.
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $100 per person
• We strongly recommend participants to take out suitable insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for quote.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be able to walk comfortably for at least 500 metres.
Walking frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change