This tour is escorted by a Rarotonga resident and it is a wonderful opportunity to experience the local culture and explore four distinct and rarely visited islands of the Cook Islands southern group. The Islands have virtually no beaches as they have been pushed up from the sea floor
by volcanic activity and are surrounded by ‘Makatea’, coral beds that now form the cliff faces of the islands. Aitutaki is the opposite as it has a beautiful lagoon with sandy
beaches and crystal clear water.
A morning departure on Air New Zealand, cross the dateline to arrive the previous day.
Arrive mid afternoon where you will be met on arrival and transferred to your accommodaton at Sunset Resort for two nights. Welcome dinner tonight
This morning an orientation tour of the island balance of the day free to relax/shop/explore. This evening visit Highland Paradise for dinner and show – the most authentic show and experience on the island. On each island the local guide will brief you on the activities and options. They will also explain the crops that grow and the way of life.
This morning fly to Mangaia. On arrival transfer to your guesthouse for the next two nights Mangaia is the oldest island in the Pacific-18 million years old! It is roughly circular in shape.
After lunch visit one of Mangaia’s many caves and perhaps stop at a rock pool or a swim or visit one of the secluded beaches tucked away within the surrounding Makatea.
Today’s island tour inclused a visit to the CICC – Cook Islands Christian Church. Garlands of delicate white pupu shells adorn the alter. If it is low tide see the Salagossa shipwreck of 1904 when she was carrying coal from Newcastle (NSW) to San Fransciso. See the backroads with free range pigs, the odd goat and lush vegetatian beside the coral road. Dinner tonight
is at Babes or at the Fishing Club.
We fly to Mauke today. Our accommodation is in a guesthouse for two nights. Mauke is a volcanic plateau surrounded by Makatea (raised coral beds).
Today enjoy a tour of the island including the CICC church – This
church was built by both villages but divided by its decoration
and doorways. Today it is a united church. Mauke has rich
volcanic soil and the tour of the island on unsealaed roads will
The outer islands take their religion seriously so you will be invited to Church this morning. This afternoon time for a swim. There are many swimming holes your guide will suggest to you or perhaps enjoy tiny ‘V’ shaped beaches tucked into the coastline. Sunset at the harbour is an ideal place for the best
Our flight today takes us to Aitu. On arrival we are transferred to our accommodation at Aitu Villas. On arrival and after your island briefing depart on the Punarea Tour that includes lunch. Late afternoon visit a Tumunu – a bush brewery with origins to the missionaries who disapproved of alcohol consumption. Return to our accommodation for dinner and our two night stay.
This morning’s island Eco tour includes light refreshments. Travel the rural roads and see the simple island life life in the five villages. See the rich soil where crops thrive. The island also has a number of complex caves. Your guide will keep a lookout for the birds the island is famous for. This afternoon an optional tour is avavilble for the active person - Visit Anatakitaki Cave.
Otherwise relax and perhaps explore the gardens near the
This morning fly to world renown Aitutaki. Accommodation is at Aitutaki Village Villas - set a few steps from the sandy lagoon. Meals are available at your
accommodation or at two alternative places close by. This afternoon enjoy an island tour. See the main village of Arutanga with its harbour few shops and the CICC church - the oldest in all the Cook Islands. Mt Maunganui (407 feet) is the highest point and will offer great views of the island and lagoon. Visit a
marae, taro plantations and inland villages.
Today is “Lagoon Cruise Day’. Walk across the road to your boat! Cruise the lagoon - visit several motu (islands). On One Foot Island stop for lunch of a BBQ fish, salads and fruit with time for a swim and snorkel in the warm water. Dinner tonight is the farewell after eight days of adventure.
After breakfast fly to Rarotonga and connect to your Internation flight to Auckland. Cross the international Dateline
Arrive Auckland this evening
Friday 27 Return to Rarotonga and transfer on arrival to Lagoon Breeze Villas. Located on four acres of lush tropical garden sand situated
on the sunset coast ( Western side) of Rarotonga. It is across the road from Aroa Beach and Marine Reserve.
Tonight we have included platters for your dinner – the lagoon Breeze has a breakfast/ bar area to dine in.
Saturday 28 Rarotonga B
Market Day this morning. A bus leaves from outside your accommodation. The rest of the day is yours to relax.
Sunday 29 Rarotonga B
The day is yours
Monday 30 Rarotonga – Auckland B
This morning transfer to the airport for your Air New Zealand Flight to Auckland. Cross the International Date Line
Tuesday 31 Auckland
Arrive Auckland early morning.
Twin (1 brm villa) $1090 pp
Single (garden studio) $1345
Arrival and departure transfers
Three nights accommodation
Dinner platters first evening.
• Return Air New Zealand Travel ‘The Works’ Auckland/ Rarotonga
• Two nights accommodation in Rarotonga
• Seven nights accommodation on four islands of the Southern Cook Islands group. Best available- some shared facilities
• Breakfast in Rarotonga
• Dinner and Island Show
• Island tour Rarotonga
• Lagoon cruise - Aitutaki
• All meals transfers and touring on the outer islands
• Escorted by our locally based escort
• Group size 11 people maximum
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash / direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx $192)
• Meals not specified
• A deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 22 April 2022
• From the date of booking to– loss of deposit
• After 22 April 2022– no refund
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and
a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any
supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and
administrative fee of $350 per person
Travel Insurance is compulsory. Please contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for NZ passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
• A good standard of health is required and clients should be mobile with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and steps.
• If New Zealand Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.
co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change