Our tour to Wellington in July is timed to experience the major exhibition of Dali and the Surrealist at Te Papa. Plus optional ballet
The Museum in Rotterdam that houses these priceless works have worked with Te Papa to bring this exclusive exhibition to Wellington for a winter art season.
Continuing the theme we have arranged an exclusive guided tour of the Parliamentary Art collection, and out of town visit to the Porirua Art & Museum and timed the tour to enable those who wish to attend the Royal New
Zealand ballet “The Firebird” with Paquita. A visit to Weta workshop is also included.
Early afternoon depart Auckland on Air New Zealand. On arrival in Wellington transfer to the Intercontinental Hotel for a four night stay. Enjoy meeting your fellow travellers at a welcome dinner tonight.
After breakfast, a short transfer to Te Papa for our introduction and guided tour of the exhibition. Time is your own to stay on at Te Papa. Make your own way back to the hotel. This afternoon join one of the Parliamentary Curators for a tour of the art and historical items showcased throughout the precinct parliamentary. Highlights include themed Select Committee rooms, the Speakers lounge and dining room. Tonight is ballet night for those who have chosen to attend The Firebirds and Paquita at the Opera House.
This morning, coach to Weta workshop for a guided “Cave Tour” See the artefacts from the world of film, a behind the scenes documentary and a props showcase. This is followed by a city tour to include Mt Victoria lookout, an inside visit to Old St Pauls and more.
This afternoon is free to shop, relax or follow your own interests. Dinner is at a local restaurant this evening.
After breakfast, we depart for Porirua. Travel northwest through the suburbs of Wellington. See the twin harbours with the colourful boat sheds and a wildlife reserve. Visit Pataka – The Porirua Art Museum.
See a world-leading contemporary art gallery and museum dedicated to Maori, Pacific and New Zealand art. Lunch is your own choice at the café.
Return to Wellington with the afternoon free to follow your own interests. Farewell dinner tonight.
This morning we return to the airport for our return flight to Auckland – or other destinations. Arrive Auckland early afternoon.
• Return Air New Zealand flights to Wellington
• Four nights premier accommodation
• Breakfast daily
• Three dinners
• Guided tour of the ‘Dali and the Surealists” exhibition
• Guided tour of Parliamentary Art Collection
• Guided tour of Weta Workshop Cave
• Entrance to Pataka Arts and Museum
• Wellington city tour
• Services of a private coach
• Pukekohe Travel guide subject to 15 persons travelling.
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
Ballet Optional (Premium Tickets plus program)
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation Insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 25 June 2021
• Deposit non-refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis
• No refund will be made after 25 June 2021
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a reasonable standard of fitness is required.
• Mobility frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $150 per person
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change