Experience a four day, three night crossing of Australia’s Nullarbor Plains from Sydney to Perth on the iconic Indian Pacific Train. Here you experience a journey full of contrasts that includes ‘off train’ excursions which add real value to a memorable cross continent experience.
We then enjoy a six night stay and touring in Perth including Rottnest Island, a Swan River Cruise and a day trip to New Norcia before boarding your cruise from Perth to Sydney.
‘Coral Princess’ is a very comfortable 4 star cruise ship with all the bells and whistles to entertain you on your 11 night cruise. Ports including Margaret River, Melbourne and Hobart await. Why not join us on another of our Australian adventures.
Depart Auckland with Air New Zealand and arrive early afternoon in Sydney. Transfer to your hotel at the Rocks in Sydney Harbour. Tonight enjoy a welcome dinner.
Today we board the Indian Pacific Train at Sydney Central Railway station. Prepare for a journey of contrasts, from lush vineyards to vast goldmines, majestic mountains to the barren expanse of the Nullarbor, from cities of four million to ghost towns of four.
This morning arrive in the ‘Silver City’ of Broken Hill, where you can discover the mining history and artistic culture of this unique town. This afternoon we continue to Adelaide with the chance to enjoy a tour of the city, a visit to the world famous Barossa Valley or McLaren Vale wine regions, or a trip to the beautiful Adelaide Hills featuring the culinary delights of Hahndorf.
Today awake to the seemingly endless expanse of the Nullarbor Plain. This evening, your sense of wonder will be ignited as you enjoy the tranquillity of dinner under the brilliant desert stars in the remote and beautiful Rawlinna.
Breakfast is served as you glide through the mild skies and cool green vales of the Avon Valley on your way to Perth, arriving after an onboard lunch we transfer to our inner city hotel. Evening at leisure.
After breakfast enjoy a Perth and Fremantle experience tour including the revitalised Perth CBD, Optus Stadium and Kings Park Botanical Gardens. Continue through the affluent Western Suburbs of Perth and onto historic Fremantle. We then enjoy a relaxing Swan River Cruise back to Perth. Evening at leisure.
Today we travel through the Swan Valley, arrive at New Norcia, home to Australia’s only Benedictine Abbey. A little piece of Spain comes alive in this town, full of history, art and architecture. We continue on for an easy paced walk through the mystical Pinnacles Desert and see the Pinnacles from the lookout over the park. Evening at leisure.
Today a free day to explore Perth at your leisure.
Today we visit the spectacular Rottnest Island, the “Emerald Isle in a Sea of Sapphire”. Take in the amazing fauna and flora of the island, stunning beaches, woodlands and incredible salt lakes – including a unique historic train ride.
Today a free day to explore Perth at your leisure.
After a leisurely breakfast we transfer to the cruise terminal where we board the Coral Princess. Settle into your cabin and relax before sail away.
Enjoy the magic of Margaret River with over 120 premium wineries, ancient caves and a picture-perfect landscape of meandering country roads and spectacular scenery.
Originally named Frederick Town in honor of the Duke of York and Albany, the first European settlement in Western Australia was renamed Albany in 1832. Thanks to its superb harbor, the town quickly became a busy port. Today Albany is off the beaten track which makes exploring all the more fun, whether visiting Whale World Museum or touring one of the area’s excellent wineries.
Adelaide boasts wide, tree-lined boulevards, superb Victorian and Edwardian architecture, tranquil parks, world-class shopping, and the highest number of restaurants per capita of any city in Australia. Beyond the city and the rugged Adelaide Hills lie the Barossa and Eden Valleys. The choice is yours.
Melbourne is a sprawling city offering culture, art, fashion and friendly, sports minded Australians. It is also an easy city to explore. At the heart of the city is the Golden Mile, the city’s governmental and commercial center, home to hotels, shops, restaurants and theatres.
Located on Bass Strait, Burnie is Tasmania’s fourth-largest city and a major port. Burnie, surrounded by prime productive farmlands is the gateway to scenic northwest Tasmania, an area rich in picturesque old villages, homesteads and historic homes.
Tasmania’s capital Hobart spills over the lower reaches of the Derwent Valley as Mt. Wellington towers in the background. Much of the city’s heritage is centered on the historic waterfront. Many of Tasmania’s other attractions are within easy reach of Hobart.
As your cruise ship ports in Sydney enjoy breakfast on board before disembarking. We transfer to the international airport for our flight home.
Please contact us if you wish to extend your stay in Sydney
• Return “The Works” Air New Zealand economy flights Auckland – Sydney
• 1 night Sydney
• 3 nights aboard Indian Pacific travelling from Sydney to Perth in Gold Service including all-inclusive dining, fine wines, beverages & Off Train Experiences in Broken Hill, Adelaide & Rawlinna.
• All transfers on tour
• 6 night stay in Perth
• Daily breakfast
• 14 dinners included
• 14 lunches included
• Perth & Fremantle City Tour with a Swan River Cruise.
• Pinnacles, New Norcia Benedictine History tour.
• Rottnest Island Grand Island tour.
• 11 nights aboard Coral Princess cruising from Perth (Fremantle) to Sydney in a stateroom of your choice
• Your cruise includes onboard meals & entertainment.
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Balcony Stateroom||$14,797||$19,495 - SOLDOUT|
|Oceanview Stateroom||$13,995||$18,241 - SOLDOUT|
|Premium Economy Class Upgrade||
|Early Booking Discount ( 31 July 2023 )||
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount||$100|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance is essential (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx $250)
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $3,500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 13 October 2023
• From the date of booking to 13 October 2023 – loss of deposit
• After 13 October 2023 – no refund
• Travel insurance is essential – please ask for a quote.
• Australian Dollars
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders
• All other passport holders – please ask
Sydney 25˚c. 18˚c
Perth. 28˚c. 19˚c
Hobart. 20˚c 12˚c
It is essential you can manage your own suitcase. A bag with wheels is an advantage when travelling through airports. When you are travelling on the Indian Pacific Train it is highly recommended you travel with a small carry on bag that you can take into your cabin. Your large suitcase will be stored in the luggage carriage and will not be accessible for the duration of the train journey.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you and others in the group, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required.
Coral Princess, a mid-sized cruise ship, is known for its top quality food and service. Be sure to try the Bayou Café and Steakhouse, which features classic steakhouse cuisine, join friends for cocktails and Movies Under the Stars® by the pool or try some decadent treats at the International Café.
Length - 261m
Refurbished - Jan 2019
Tonnage - 91,000
Passengers - 2000
Crew - 900
BALCONY STATEROOM - This impressive stateroom offers the added indulgence of a balcony which gives you more space than a standard stateroom. Enjoy your own private outdoor space with a table and two chairs.
OCEANVIEW STATEROOM - Enjoy the benefit of a view of the ocean from either a picture window or porthole that brings in natural light. Featuring two twin beds or a queen-size bed. Other amenities include a refrigerator, hair dryer, TV and bathroom with shower.
By embarking on this transcontinental journey, you’ll be following in the footsteps of those who have dared to venture beyond the city limits – the legendary adventurers, goldrush prospectors and bush pioneers who forged their lives in Australia’s spectacular yet unforgiving interior.
• The Outback Explorer Lounge is the train’s centre of activity
• Gold Service Guests dine in the classically-appointed Queen Adelaide Restaurant
• Gold Twin - a comfortable sleeper cabin features private en-suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a three seater lounge by day
• Gold Single - a compact sleeper cabin features a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
Gold Class Service Features
• All-inclusive dining. A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
• All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
• All-inclusive off-train excursions in Rawlinna, Adelaide and Broken Hill
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible but accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days
Please click here to download a copy of the booking form
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change