BECOME TOTALLY ABSORBED IN THE REMOTENESS AND BEAUTY OF FIORDLAND ON THIS ADVENTURE ON BOARD
THE LUXURIOUS ‘HERITAGE EXPLORER.’ Enjoy exploring coves, islands, beaches and bush with names hitherto unknown with opportunities to walk, kayak and throw out a casual fishing line or use the latest in fishing technology. Spend the first night in Te Anau, before we travel via Lake Manapouri to Deep Cove. For the next 6 days you will be surrounded by the rugged beauty and wildlife of this untouched corner of New Zealand. The surrounding Fiords are havens for marine and bird life and the opportunity to step ashore and explore the remains of early settlements are numerous. The journey concludes in the Milford Sounds before we transfer to Te Anau for our overnight before returning to Queenstown and a flight home. Option to extend your stay in Queenstown are available.
Depart Auckland on a morning flight direct to Queenstown. Transfer by coach to the lakeside town of Te Anau for an overnight stay. Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast, enjoy a spectacular helicopter transfer to join Heritage
Explorer in Preservation Inlet. The captain and expedition leader will be waiting to welcome you aboard Heritage Explorer. Settle into life aboard before we set sail along Long Sound and enjoy your first impressions of Southern Fiordland’s unrestrained landscape.
Highlights will include
• Chalky Inlet The entrance to Chalky Inlet is guarded by the impressive limestone cliffs of Chalky Island, the inspiration behind Captain Cook’s naming of the fiord.
• Dusky Sound Our expedition cruise through Dusky Sound visiting the some of the most significant historical and conservation sites in New Zealand.
• Acheron Passage & Breaksea Sound A navigation through Acheron Passage, which separates Resolution Island from the mainland, is sure to be one of the highlights or our time in Fiordland. The extensive sheltered waters of scenic Breaksea Sound, initially scouted for sheep farming suitability by early setters in the 1850s is also the location of Breaksea Island.
• Doubtful Sound Spanning some staggering 40-kilometres and holding the title as New Zealand’s deepest fiord.
•Return flights from Auckland to Queenstown (Other centres on request)
•Return coach transfers Queenstown to Te Anau
•Two nights’ accommodation in Te Anau
including breakfast and dinner
•Transfers as specified
•Return ferry shuttle across Lake Manapouri
•Five nights’ accommodation on board the
•All meals and tea and coffee while on board Heritage Explorer
•House drinks onboard
•Landings and guided walks
•Visits to historic sites and abandoned settlements
•Tender craft and kayaks for exploring the coastline
•Helicopter flight from Preservation Inlet to Te Anau.
•Expedition Leader onboard
• Pukekohe Travel escort subject to 15 passengers travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Buller’s Stateroom (Bunk)||$9,902||$8,200|
|Wandering Stateroom (Single)||N/A||$7,575|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 18 June 2022
• Bookings made after 18 June 2022 will require full payment
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 18 June 2022 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a perperson basis
• If the tour is cancelled due to covid 19 Government travel restrictions
and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition
to any supplier imposed fees, to charge a service and administrative
fee of $350 per person.
We strongly advise all participants take out suitable travel Insurance to cover
cancellation costs. Please ask for a quote.
• Please note there is NO cell phone coverage during the cruise
• It is required that you bring hiking boots or gumboots which are ideal for stomping around the beaches and bush
• Slippers / house shoes are ideal on-board
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required, as climbing on and off the various boats and the helicopter can be demanding. Also walking on shore is in gumboots or hiking boots and on muddy tracks.
The ‘Heritage Explorer’
The state-of-the-art technology provides a comfortable expedition ship with high performance dual Scania 653 horsepower engines capable of 10 knots, bow thrusters, fin stabilisers, full air-conditioning, sound attenuated twin generators and a hydraulic aft ramp, while a comprehensive navigation package ensures the
ultimate Kiwi adventure awaits all guests.
Vessel Type: Expedition Yacht
Expedition Staff & Crew: 5
Gross Tonnage: 76.1gt
Engine: 653 horsepower
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
• All travellers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination. It is important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour
consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change