Autumn breaks in the Southern Island usually conjure up mellow landscapes, harvest time and vivid autumn colours. Arrowtown is the pinnacle of these colours,and our tour is timed to enjoy the 36th Annual Arrowtown Autumn Festival. See the parades, vintage cars, a renowned art exhibition, browse the market day with multiple stalls and enjoy a ‘Long Lunch’. Three nights accommodation on the shores of Lake Wanaka rounds off the Autumn escape.
A late morning flight on Air New Zealand. On arrival transfer to our hotel for the next three nights. A welcome dinner at the hotel – Novotel Lakeside.
On arrival in Arrowtown join a local guide for an ‘Arrowtown Ramble’ then visit the renowned Art Exhibition or follow the Great Scarecrow Trail. Meet your escort to join the Akarua Long Lunch. The coach will return the group to Queenstown. This evening is at your leisure.
Arrive in Arrowtown in time to view the vintage cars before they head off on their rally and hear the NZ veteran’s Brass band. Today is also Market Day with a 100 stalls selling a wide range of products. There is street entertainment and the festival Parade after lunch. Return to the hotel after the parade for a rest and perhaps dress for the era. Tonight’s themed Party is in Arrowtown tonight and we have tickets!
A leisurely start today with the opportunity to attend the ANZAC Parade for those who wish. Travel to Wanaka to arrive by 1pm when the restaurants and cafes are open. Check into your hotel – the lakeside Edgewater for a three night stay. Dinner is at the resort.
This morning travel beside Lake Wanaka to the Mt Aspiring National Park and the Blue Pools. The 3km walk is one of the best short walks through mature bush and podocarp forest to the glacial water of the Blue Pools and the Makaroa River. Continue to Makaroa Village for lunch. Return to Wanaka early afternoon. Tonight’s dinner is at a local restaurant.
This morning is free for an optional helicopter ride and to wander Wanaka’s shops or relax lakeside at the resort. After lunch there is an included two hour cruise to Stevenson’s Island. Farewell dinner tonight at the hotel.
Today coach to Cromwell with time to explore this historic area. Travel onto Queenstown for your return flight home.
• Return airfares Auckland – Queenstown – Auckland. Other destinations please ask.
• Six nights’ accommodation
• Breakfast daily
• Two Lunches
• Four Dinners
• Coach transport throughout
• Akarua Long Lunch
• A surprise themed party
• Arrowtown Amble
• Boat Cruise on Lake Wanaka to visit the Blue Pools
• Pukekohe Travel escort subject to 15 persons travelling.
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $400 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment by 11 March 2022
• Deposit is non-refundable
• After full payment – no refund is available
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $300 per person.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote.
Max 15° Min 4° Mid-Autumn for Autumn Colours.
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change