Our tour takes time to explore this special area of New zealand. You can expect Things to be different on The west coast - more real, Bigger and much greater Than you thought.
From the mountains,stunning coastal scenery to abundant rainforest and everything in between
We overnight in Reefton the once booming gold mining town and\ now enjoying a revival. Karamea
is almost the end of the road and is a seaside community on the edge of the Kahurangi National
Park. A 4 WD journey into an inaccessible area of the West Coast Forest is included. Two night stays at Karamea, Punakaiki and Hokitika is our relaxed touring signature.
This morning fly to Nelson. On arrival meet your coach and travel to Murchison for a lunch break. Continue through the mountains
to the revitalised mining town of Reefton for an overnight stay Dinner at Dawsons Hotel
After breakfast meet our local guide for a walking tour of this town. Time to explore independently before travelling by coach to Westport for lunch. This afternoon take the road to Denniston for a look at the plateau and see an old mining area. Continue
onto Karamea for a two night stay. Dinner is at the Last Resort tonight.
This morning drive in smaller vehicles to the Kahurangi National Park, to walk to the Oparara Arches through beech and podocarp forest. Longer guided walks are an optional extra. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner is at the Karamea Hotel
Travel south to Westport with time to walk the historical town with its galleries then visit the Coaltown Museum. Drive to Cape Foulwind before continuing onto Punakaiki for a two night stay. Time to see the blowholes and perhaps see the famous westcoast sunset. Dinner is at the hotel tonight
After breakfast travel to the village of Charleston to meet Outwest Tours for our 4WD journey into the Awakari Valley to visit Johnny for a few yarns and a bush lunch. Return to Charleston and to Punakaiki for a rest and dinner.
Coach south to Greymouth with a visit to Shantytown and lunch is available. Time to explore and perhaps visit the Monteiths Brewery or visit the pounamu galleries. Travel onto Hokitika and enjoy a ‘Treetop Walk’ before arriving in Hokitika for a
two night stay. Dinner is at the hotel tonight.
Travel south to Okarito Lagoon for a cruise to hopefully see the Kotuku (White Heron) and many more shorebirds and waders. Also experience a small community on a Heritage tour followed by lunch. Return to Hokitika for a farewell dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast coach via Kumara and Otira before travelling via Arthurs Pass. Castlehill is a lunch spot. Arrive
at Christchurch airport for your flight home.
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $250 per person will secure a place on the tour.
• FULL PAYMENT is due no later than 22 October 2021
• Bookings made after 22 October 2021 will require full payment.
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 22 October 2021 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
• No refund can be made once tour is underway.
• If this tour is canceled due to Covid19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of
$100 per person.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote
•Karamea 17 12
•Hokitika 18 11
• At times, entering and exiting the coach can be very demanding for those with limited mobility.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile with the ability to comfortably walk 400 metres
• Mobility frames or scooters are not practical or permitted
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change