This tour allows for further exploration ‘Off the Beaten Track’ gems of New Zealand. An historic pioneer farm experience and the overnight in the Nelson Lakes’ area add to our Molesworth experience.
We can take a maximum of 14 people, so the Farewell Spit excursion will be exclusively ours for the day. This, along with Pupu Springs and the catamaran cruise along the Abel Tasman coastline, will add to the highlights. We invite you to join us on this Golden Bay experience.
Morning flight to Blenheim where you will meet South Island Tours NZ. The first stop will be a Marlborough winery for lunch and wine tasting before a guided tour of the world class Omaka Heritage Aviation Centre. Arriving at your central Blenheim accommodation you will have time to relax or explore the town before a welcome dinner tonight
After breakfast, we journey into the remote Marlborough high country, with morning tea at an historic station and travel on to the legendary Molesworth Station for lunch to soak up the atmosphere, hear tales of the past and breathe in the mountain air. Continue the impressive drive to Hanmer Springs in time to enjoy a soak in the pools before dinner.
After breakfast we to travel to Hawarden in North Canterbury to visit ‘Flaxmere Gardens’, 300m above sea level on a terraced riverbed close to the Southern Alps. Wander through the gardens and enjoy lunch, we then return to Hanmer for free time.
Enjoy the morning to relax in Hanmer Springs. Suggestions are relaxing in the hot pools, explore the shopping or enjoy some walks, meet up for lunch before departing to journey through the Lewis Pass to the alpine village of St Arnaud for our overnight stay and dinner
We travel via the Motueka Valley to the Abel Tasman National Park and Kaiteriteri where you will board a catamaran to enjoy cruising the beautiful Abel Tasman coastline to Totoranui (a packed lunch will be supplied to eat onboard) the coach will meet you to travel on to the Collingwood Park Motel in Collingwood for a two-night stay
After breakfast, we will be joining the Farewell Spit tour to travel in their specially modified vehicle. See Cape Farewell, the most northerly point of the South Island, spectacular cliff top views, see the historic old lighthouse and the inter-tidal plains. Enjoy seeing the migratory birds and NZ natives that inhabit the spit. Cameras and binoculars are a must. Returning to Collingwood for lunch.
After breakfast return to Nelson, stopping at Takaka and Pupu Springs – with the reputation of having the cleanest water in the world. Today also includes optional salmon fishing with the opportunity to eat the catch for lunch or have them vacuum packed to take home. Overnight accommodation in Nelson with dinner out tonight
After breakfast, you can have time to explore the Nelson CBD shops, museum cafes etc, then meet your driver to go to the airport ready for your departing flight or extend your stay in Nelson and the South Island.
• Flights* Auckland – Blenheim / Nelson - Auckland *Other cities please ask.
• Sightseeing as outlined
• Meals as specified
• Locally-based escort
• * Flights also available from other major centres
• 7 nights accommodation
• All transportation on tour
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Cancellation Insurance - please ask for a quote
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on this trip
• Final payment to be made by 07 October 2022
• Deposit – non refundable
• Full payment – non refundable
• We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. - Please ask for a quote
Molesworth Station The 180,476 hectare station is the source of the Clarence, Wairau and Acheron rivers and runs the country’s biggest head of cattle, numbering up to 10,000. Conservation, farming and recreation go hand-in-hand. Molesworth has been managed by the Crown for more than 50 years, bringing together Tarndale, Molesworth and St Helens runs which had been overgrazed by sheep and rabbits and repeatedly burned. However with careful management including solely stocking with cattle, soils and vegetation have been gradually restored to good health.
Discover the outstanding natural features, a rich history and stunning and dramatic landscape.
Farewell Spit At Farewell Spit Lighthouse, there is time to explore the buildings and enjoy refreshments in the century-old lighthouse keeper’s residence. From here enjoy stunning views of the Tasman coastline with the opportunity to climb the sand dune at Mullet Channel for panoramic views of the inter-tidal plain.
Pupu Springs Are home to the clearest spring water in the world. Clarity tests have shown the water has underwater visibility of 63m.
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $300 per person.
• If self-isolation requirements are imposed by the Ministry of Health whilst on tour, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any
additional costs incurred.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour
consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change