This itinerary includes a few days to explore the South-West corner, one of Western Australia’s most popular areas. Following a day tour of Perth and the Port of Fremantle we travel south for the next three days. Highlights include the renowned Margaret River wine region, a forest of the famed Karri trees and a cross country visit to the southern coast amongst the sand dunes.
All this before a four day, three night crossing of Australia’s Nullarbor Plains from Perth to Sydney on the iconic Indian Pacific Train. Here you experience a journey full of contrasts that includes ‘off train’ excursions which add real value to a memorable cross continent experience. Why not join us on another of our Australian adventures.
Depart on Air New Zealand mid-day to arrive in Perth late afternoon. Transfer to inner-city hotel with remainder of afternoon free.
Today’s city tour of Perth includes the famous port of Fremantle, a walk in Kings Park and a beachfront drive. Remainder of the day free to explore at your leisure. Welcome dinner tonight.
After a leisurely breakfast we enjoy a wonderful midday luncheon cruise on the Swann River. This afternoon is free for you to explore and relax.
Travelling south and inland from Perth provides a good cross section of rural life, where at a cross roads in the middle of
nowhere is Gnomesville, a prolific collection of these legendary
creatures. After a lunch break at Donnybrook, Western Australia’s
premier apple growing district, a visit to a truffle farm follows, before a two night stay at Karri Valley Resort in Pemberton.
Today drive through the tall Karri and Jarrah (eucalyptus) trees
to enjoy a 4WD experience into the coastal sand dunes and later
a peaceful river cruise to the ocean. Return to our lakeside
Visit the Mammoth Caves, a large limestone cavern, where a guided tour is included. Continue to a Margaret River winery including lunch and then on to Perth for an overnight stay.
After breakfast, transfer to the railway station to board ‘Indian
Pacific’ train. Depart Perth, travelling in ‘Gold Class’ with time
to settle into your comfortable cabin – home for the next four
days / three nights.
Cook – Time here to stretch your legs and explore the old railway
town of Cook, once a thriving community boasting a school,
swimming pool, general store and housing to accommodate a
population of 200. Now virtually abandoned, a self-guided map
will allow you to walk and explore. Depart Cook early afternoon with lunch served on-board.
On arrival into Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, you have the choice of a walking tour, a behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Adelaide Oval, or a coach tour of the city sights. Or simply take your own time to explore the multi-cultural atmosphere with many riverwalking trails and impressive Art Gallerys. This evening we stop at Broken Hill known as Australia’s silver capital. This once-thriving mining town is set to a backdrop of mining tailings, a colourful main street and historic
Wake up to the iconic Blue Mountains and see the majestic
Three Sisters at Echo Point and the breathtaking views at
Jamison Valley before arriving in Sydney. Transfer to your hotel for a one-night stay. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner tonight.
After breakfast transfer to the airport for a midday flight, arriving in Auckland early evening.
Please ask us if you would like to extend your stay in Sydney.
• Air Zealand economy flights Auckland – Perth // Sydney - Auckland
• Four night’s accommodation in Perth and two nights Karri Resort, Pemberton
• Perth City Sights Tour
• Guided Tour of the Mammoth Caves
• Margaret River Vineyard Lunch
• Pemberton Coastal Experience Tour
• Rail journey Perth to Sydney on board Indian Pacific Train in Gold Class
• Gold Class on Indian Pacific including all meals and drinks
• Off-train experiences included in Kalgoorlie, Rawlinna, Cook, Adelaide, Broken Hill and the Blue Mountains
• One night’s accommodation Sydney
• Transfers as specified
• Meals as specified
• Welcome Dinner Perth
• Farewell Dinner in Sydney
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|$8,067||$8,489 - Soldout|
|Premium Economy upgrade is $750 per person ( limited space )|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx $260)
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $800 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 13 June 2022
• From the date of booking to 13 June 2022– loss of deposit
• After 13 June 2022 – no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders
• All other passport holders – please ask
• International Vaccine passport
• Australian Travel Declaration
• New Zealand Travel Declaration Currency
• The Australian Dollar – ATMs available in major towns
Checked-in luggage is not accessible during the train journey. Pack your soft cabin bag with the essentials for the three nights. Smart casual is recommended for the Queen Adelaide Restaurant on board the train.
Daytime – comfortable touring clothes, good walking shoes. Evening – smart casual for hotels and on board the train
Perth 20˚c 9 ˚c
Adealide 18 ˚c 8 ˚c
Sydney 19 ˚c 11 ˚c
A good standard of fitness is required for this tour. The train is unstable while travelling, therefore you need to be firm of foot.
All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed
amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• If New Zealand and or Australian Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine / self isolation travel restrictions are
imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in
the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days.
By embarking on this transcontinental journey, you’ll be following in the footsteps of those who have dared to venture beyond the city limits – the legendary adventurers, goldrush prospectors and bush pioneers who forged their lives in Australia’s spectacular yet unforgiving interior.
• The Outback Explorer Lounge is the train’s centre of activity
• Gold Service Guests dine in the classically-appointed Queen
• Gold Twin - a comfortable sleeper cabin features private ensuite and upper and lower berths that convert to a threeseater lounge by day
• Gold Single - a compact sleeper cabin features a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/toilet facilities
located at the end of the carriage
Gold Class Service Features
• All-inclusive dining. A regionallyinspired menu paired with a
selection of local wines
• All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and nonalcoholic beverages
• All-inclusive off-train
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change