What better way to experience the heart of europe by five star river boat from budapest to amsterdam along the iconic rhine, main and danube rivers.Visit quintessential European towns and villages; castles and medieval cities. Wander cobblestone streets, see magnificent Vienna and be captivated by the bridges of Budapest. Drink beer, enjoy German sausages and pastries at a famous café in Vienna and sip a cold Riesling along the way – always returning to your comfortable ‘home’ aboard ‘Avalon Tranquility.’ There is also the opportunity to extend your holiday to other European destinations. Please ask!
Depart in the evening on Emirates Airlines for a direct flight to Dubai. Change planes and continue onto Budapest. Arrive mid afternoon with time to rest before dinner.
After a leisurely breakfast we transfer to the ‘Avalon Tranquility’ for embarkation with time to settle into your home for the next 14 nights. This afternoon there is free time to explore, before a ‘Meet the Crew’ welcome reception in the evening.
Spanning the banks of the Danube, Budapest is one of Eastern Europe’s
liveliest cities. See the massive hilltop castle complex with its remarkable
Fishermen’s Bastion and the city’s 11th century eight bridges which connect
ancient Buda on the right with Pest on the left. Free afternoon to shop, visit a café or walk one of the iconic bridges. Evening departure out of Budapest.
After breakfast enjoy a guided walk of Bratislava with its fascinating Old Town of cobbled streets and alleyways. Afternoon free to explore on your own.
Arrive early morning in Vienna, known as the ‘City of Music’ and once the centre of the mighty Hapsburg Empire. Your guided tour includes many of the city highlights. An optional evening concert is available.
After breakfast, join a guided walking tour where we hear tales of England’s King Richard the Lionheart. Later sail through the Wachau Valley past vineyards, castles and charming villages on the way to Melk for a guided tour of Benedictine Abbey (A UNESCO site).
Passau is uniquely located where the Inn, Liz and Danube rivers converge. Today choose from two optional excursions
a) Salzburg – the city of Mozart
b) Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic – a city on the Vitava River with its 13th century castle. Alternatively, stay on the ship as you cruise into Passau.
A guided walk of this charming town will take in a maze of narrow, cobblestone streets lined with beautiful patrician houses.
Located at the confluence of the Danube, Naab and Regen rivers, Regensburg is one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval cities and was the only German city not bombed during WWII. The walking tour highlights the
best of the city.
Today we have three options to choose from:
a) Enjoy a sightseeing tour the Bavarian town of Roth with its half-timbered houses, market square and 1535 hunting lodge – Schloss Ratibor.
b) A tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic
Cathedral and Kaiserburg Castle.
c) A tour of the historic Nuremburg Rally grounds used by the Third Reich.
In the afternoon relax on board as you cruise the Main – Danube Canal.
Your guided walking tour of medieval Bamberg – a World Heritage Site takes in the historic centre, winding streets and 18th century mansions. Relax as you cruise along the Main River towards Wurzburg.
Join a walking tour of the quaint town of Volkach with its half- timbered houses and cobblestoned streets.
Wurzburg, surrounded by verdant hillside vineyards, is known as ‘The Pearl’ with its imposing fortress and 15th century bridge. Your morning sightseeing tour includes visiting the largest ceiling fresco ever painted. Afternoon free to explore the city.
On the banks of the Main River there are small towns, many of them tucked away behind walls and towered gates. Relax on board this morning as you sail along the tranquil Main River. An afternoon guided walk of a picturesque small town will acquaint you with the town’s delightful features.
On your included morning shore excursion in attractive Rudesheim, visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Later cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge where ancient castles stand sentry on lofty cliffs high above the river.
Morning arrival in Cologne, one of Germany’s largest cities which straddles both sides of the Rhine and is known for its twin-steepled gothic cathedral. Choose between a guided city walk, or a Jewish heritage walk. Be sure
to sample Kolsch beer – locally brewed for more than 100 years.
After arriving in Amsterdam, a unique perspective of the city on an included Canal Cruise, floating along the elegant grachten (canal) lined with stately homes. Free time in the afternoon - you may like to join an optional cycling tour (weather permitting).
Amsterdam, the Netherland’s sophisticated, 700 year-old capital, has elegant and classic architecture, cafés and restaurants, a lively market place, canals and waterways and more than 400km of cycle paths.
After breakfast we bid farewell to our floating home and disembark ‘Avalon Tranquility’.’ Enjoy our city tour which includes Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank’s House. Check into our hotel to refresh before our Farewell Dinner.
After breakfast a free day to explore the city. Evening transfer to the airport for your flight to Dubai or continue with your European holiday.
Arrive Dubai early morning, change planes for a mid-morning flight to New Zealand.
Arrive Auckland mid-morning
• Return economy air Auckland – Dubai - Budapest // Amsterdam – Dubai - Auckland
• Includes all gratuities on board ‘Avalon Tranquility’
• Two nights Amsterdam post cruise
• One night Budapest pre cruise
• 15 nights cruise on board ‘Avalon Tranquility’’
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Dinners
• All meals, afternoon teas and night fare
• Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks at dinner
• On-board enriching activities • wine tastings • talks by experts • local artisan demonstrations • performances by local entertainers
• Included selected guided shore excursions
• Most entrance fees
• Meals as specified
• English speaking guides throughout
• Pukekohe Travel escorts subject to 20 persons travelling
|ESTIMATED Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Business Class Upgrade||+ $8744 pp|
|Mixed class upgrade||+ $7038 pp|
|Early Booking Discount ( 01 December 2022 )||$100|
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount||$150|
*This is a cash / direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Travel Insurance – compulsory- Please ask for a quote
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• Airport and airline taxes (NZD196)
• A deposit of $1,250 per person will secure a place on this trip
• Full payment is due no later than 03 March 2023
• From the date of booking until 03 March 2023 – loss of deposit
• After 03 March 2023 - no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for New Zealand passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
Weather Max ˚c Min ˚c
Amsterdam 18 10
Vienna 23 13
Budapest 24 13
On board Avalon Tranquility by day – comfortable touring clothes and walking shoes; By night – smart casual
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
‘Avalon Tranquility ’
Custom Built For European Waterways
• Built 2014
• Length 110m
• Suites 52
• Staterooms 12
• Capacity 128
• Crew 37
Included for every Guest
•Spacious outside Deluxe Stateroom
• Large three-door closets and in-room safe
•‘Comfortable Collection Beds’ with Egyptian cotton linen
• Large desk & power outlets
• Individual climate control
• Well-stocked mini bar with complimentary bottled water
• Plush bathrobes and slippers
• Flatscreen TV
• L’Occitane bath products
• Complimentary WIFI throughout
• Regional wines & beer with every on-board lunch and dinner
• Sparkling wine with breakfast
• High quality coffee / hot chocolate / tea available all day
• Fitness room with top quality equipment
• Included sightseeing with certified local guides
• Professional Cruise Director and staff to assist
All travellers must currently be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card. We will adhere to all
Government, travel/tour supplier and airline rules and regulations.
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• If New Zealand and or International Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine / self isolation
travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any
additional costs incurred.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days.
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/ termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change