This tour is for those who like some of the finer things in life, boutique accommodation, good food, the occasional long lunch, surprises and good company.
Christchurch central city is in the midst of its renaissance since the earthquake then we travel to Ashburton to visit one of New Zealand’s great gardens. Geraldine may sound an unusual place for a three night stay but you will not be disappointed at the renovated “Vicarage” and the options available here.
The Hermitage, at the foot of Mt Cook speaks for itself. Take short or long walks or just relax in the mountain environment.
Oamaru is an emerging surprise!
Join this exclusive small group of just 10 people.
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand. On arrival, meet Wayne your driver/guide and transfer to your accommodation at the Orai Boutique
Bed and Breakfast. This afternoon’s walking tour of the central city area is a wonderful opportunity to see the “new” emerging city. The restaurant for tonight’s dinner is set in the Botanic Gardens.
Enjoy your central city location this morning before leaving Christchurch.
Travel to the Ashburton area with a stop at “Akanui” for a long lunch and garden visit.
Ian and Diana McKenzie’s property is 12 hectares of mature and developing gardens that’s surround the 100 year homestead that is a category 2 historic place. Lunch is in the homestead.
Continue onto Geraldine for the three night stay at the beautifully renovated
“Vicarage”. The Barker family (of Barkers Food) have overseen the renovations. Tonight enjoy a glass of wine and platters in the Vicars lounge.
Breakfast today is next door at Barkers café. The balance of the day is free to shop, visit one of the spas explore the vintage machinery museum etc.
Dinner tonight is at a local restaurant.
A day out on Wayne’s home turf as you travel in a 4WD vehicle. We take you on a journey up the glacial carved Rangitata Valley to visit the historic
Mesopotamia sheep station. This is in the heart of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. Here an additional local guide will describe the farming practices and rich history and point out the natural features enroute. We take time to visit the Mesopotamia School. The 4WD vans take you high on station tracksand trails through the deer park where you may also see Himalayan Thar. Then it is time to enjoy a home-style picnic. There is time for a walk, take photos or just relax to take in the vastness of this valley and the upper reaches of the Rangitata River. On return to Geraldine dinner is included.
Today you will explore valleys and lakes. A stop in Tekapo to visit the
now uncrowded Church of the Good Shepard is planned. Continue onto
Mt Cook and the Hermitage for a two night stay.
Today choose your own activity. Perhaps the beautiful Hooker Valley walk or the shorter Kea Point Walk.The Sir Edmund Hillary centre and the national Park Visitors Centre are both destinations in their own right. There are other options for flightseeing and excursions to the Tasman Glacier.
This morning travel back along the shores of Lake Pukaki and continue
onto Duntroon and the Vanished World Centre – here learn about the unique fossil geology of this area. Lunch is at the “Riverstone Kitchen”. Onto Oamaru for a two night stay at Mariner Suites hotel
After breakfast join our local guide for a fascinating walking tour of Oamaru with its Victorian Precinct built of Oamaru stone. Steampunk has grown rapidly over the past 10 years to make Oamaru the “capital of Steampunk” in the world. Travel south to Moeraki for lunch at the renowned “Fleurs Place” The restaurant is surround by water on three sides and has its own quota of fish for the restaurant. Tonight enjoy our farewell dinner.
Today we travel north through Timaru, Temuka and return to the airport for the flight home.
• Air New Zealand seat and bag flights Auckland – Christchurch – Auckland (other destinations please ask)
• Nine days transport by a luxury 12 seater mini coach
• Our own driver / guide for nine days
• Eight nights luxury accommodation
• Meals as specified
• 4WD excursion to Mesopotamia station.
• Walking tours of Christchurch Central and Oamaru.
• Garden and home tour with lunch at ‘Akanui
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Domestic travel insurance (ask for a quote)
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• Deposit – non refundable
• Full payment – non refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
• No refund can be made once tour is underway.
We strongly recommend participants to take out suitable insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for quote.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be able to walk comfortably for at least 500 metres. Walking frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted.
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/ termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
• All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination. It is important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
Covid-19 Tour Disruption
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $200 per person.
• If self-isolation requirements are imposed by the Ministry of Health whilst on tour, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days Travel Insuranc
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change