Our Australian Rail Tours continue their popularity and this is an opportunity to join a tour in Adelaide and experience the legendary rail journey through the heart of Australia from Adelaide to Darwin on the iconic Ghan Train.
Sitting back in Gold Class on one of the world’s great train journeys is not to be missed. This fascinating journey of ever-changing landscapes includes excursions to Alice Springs and Katherine before arriving in Darwin. Meals and off-train excursions, sightseeing and accommodation in Darwin and Adelaide are all included. This rail experience encompasses iconic Australia at its best.
Depart on Air New Zealand to arrive into Adelaide late morning. Enjoy an Adelaide City Sights tour before we transfer to our beach front hotel in Glenelg with an afternoon to relax. A welcome dinner tonight to mix and mingle.
After breakfast we travel to the Barossa Valley, followed by a heritage tour and lunch at Seppeltsfield Winery. After lunch return to Glenelg. Remainder of the day at leisure.
Today we travel to the picturesque Adelaide Hills where we visit the attractive German settled town of Hahndorf. Time to wander the shops, before departing Hahndorf. Afternoon at leisure.
This morning transfer to the Adelaide Rail Terminal to board The Ghan Train. Prepare for a journey of comfort, relaxation and a touch of adventure, as the legendary Ghan takes you deep into the heart of Australia.
Continue your journey aboard The Ghan making a stop in Alice Springs - the heart of the Red Centre.
A relaxing morning onboard the Ghan Train before an afternoon arrival at Katherine, home of the stunning Katherine Gorge rich in Indigenous history. After our excursion into Katherine Gorge we continue north to arrive in Darwin late evening.
Today a morning city sightseeing tour getting the perfect introduction to Darwin’s history and quirky charm. Included is a visit to the Darwin Aviation Museum and lunch at Stokes Hill Wharf. A free afternoon and evening to relax and explore.
A full day to explore Darwin and uncover some Northern Territory gems along the way. This evening enjoy a traditional Buffet Dinner Harbour Cruise on board ‘Spirit of Darwin.’ Relax and watch the colorful sunset, see the fish feeding from the ship’s bow and enjoy a sumptuous three course buffet meal.
A leisurely morning before our flight to Brisbane. Transfer to our Brisbane airport hotel for an overnight stay.
*Why not extend your stay in Brisbane. Please ask for details.
A morning flight to Auckland arriving late afternoon.
• Economy air travel on Air New Zealand Auckland – Adelaide //Brisbane – Auckland
• Economy air travel on QANTAS Darwin – Brisbane
• Three nights’ accommodation in Adelaide
• Adelaide city sights tour
• Heritage Tour and lunch at Sepplesfield, Barossa Valley
• Half Day Tour to Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf
• All international transfers as per itinerary
• Daily breakfast, Five lunches and Five dinners
• Two nights’ on-board ‘The Ghan’ train in Gold Class (Beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks, water, tea, coffee and meals included)
• Off-train excursions onboard the Ghan included
• Three nights’ air conditioned hotel accommodation in Darwin including breakfast
• City sightseeing tour of Darwin
• Lunch at Stokes Hill Wharf, Darwin
• Darwin Harbour Sunset Dinner Cruise
• One night Brisbane Airport Hotel including dinner
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 20 people travelling
|Cost Per Person *
Auckland - Auckland
|Early Booking Discount ( 31 March 2024 )
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Travel Insurance – compulsory (please ask us for a quote)
• Items of a personal nature
• Airport and airline taxes (approx. NZD$410)
• A non- refundable deposit of $1500 per person will secure a place on this trip
• Full payment is due no later than 06 August 2024
• From the date of booking until 06 August 2024 – loss of deposit
• After 06 August 2024 - no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
Temperatures Max ˚c Min ˚c
Adelaide 16 8
Alice Springs 20 5
Darwin 31 20
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders
• All other passport holders – please ask
Checked-in luggage is NOT accessible during the train journey. Pack your cabin bag with the essentials for the three nights. Smart casual is required for the Queen Adelaide Restaurant on board the train. .
• A good standard of fitness is required for this tour. The ability to walk unaided for 500 metres is essential. The train is unstable while travelling, therefore you need to be firm-of-foot.
• The Outback Explorer Lounge is the train’s centre of activity
• Gold Service Guests dine in the classically-appointed Queen Adelaide Restaurant
• Gold Twin - a comfortable sleeper cabin features private en-suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a threeseater lounge by day
• Gold Single - a compact sleeper cabin features a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/ toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
Gold Class Service Features
• All-inclusive dining. A regionallyinspired menu paired with a selection
of local wines
• All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/
termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change