By popular request we return to the far south. Explore the remote and rugged coastline of the Catlins and the spectacular scenery of Stewart Island on our small group escorted tour.
Our tour escort ensures your 7 day tour is relaxing, fun and memorable.
This exclusive tour will include a two night stay on Stewart Island. The island’s densely forested hills, tiny
population and untouched coastline of rocky outcrops and creamy golden sand beaches make it a natural refuge for marine and bird life and a ‘must do’ for every New Zealander.
The Journey through the Catlins by luxury coach will include podocarp forests, rugged coastlines, hidden lakes and stunning waterfalls.
The natural landscapes are enthralling and the wildlife is extraordinary.
Last room - contact Belinda to disucss
Your adventure begins as we fly south to Dunedin. Begin with an afternoon city sights tour before enjoying a welcome dinner tonight at our central city hotel.
A free day to enjoy the ‘Edinburgh of the South’. Why not venture out to Signal Hill, the world’s steepest street or the Botanical Gardens. An optional tour to the Royal Albatross Centre on the Otago Peninsular is not be missed.
Royal Albatross Centre
Albatrosses are the world’s largest seabirds. They normally breed on remote islands and spend at least 85 percent of their lives at sea, well away from land and human view. Dunedin’s Taiaroa Head is the only mainland Royal Albatross breeding colony in the world and is a great day out from Dunedin. In March it is expected we will see a handful of chicks on their nests and if we are lucky an adult returning to feed- $52 per person
After breakfast we drive south to the Catlins. Highlights include podocarp forests, rugged coastlines, hidden lakes and stunning waterfalls. The natural landscapes are enthralling.
A relaxed morning before we fly to Stewart Island. On arrival we explore Oban with plenty of time for photo stops and short walks. The rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy the small township of Oban by foot.
Stewart Island’s densely forested hills, tiny population and untouched coastline of rocky outcrops and creamy golden sand beaches make it a natural refuge for marine and bird life and a wonderful destination for people who value nature and wild places.
A leisurely start before we enjoy a cruise of the beautiful Paterson Inlet and Ulva Island. The balance of the day is free to enjoy any number of walks or simply relax and enjoy the local atmosphere. Dinner is included tonight.
After a leisurely start we fly to Invercargill. Free afternoon with time to explore New Zealand’s Southern most City before our farewell dinner.
New Zealand’s southernmost city has plenty of character and a warm, friendly heart. Victorian, Edwardian and Art Deco heritage buildings give the city a charming old-world character. Discover the world class vintage truck collection at Bill Richardson Transport World, alternatively, celebrate Invercargill’s motorcycle history at Classic Motorcyle Mecca and learn about the legend of speed - Burt Munro at E Hayes Motorworks. Take a guided tour through the Invercargill Brewery and discover that good beer is so much more than just bending your elbow. Visit Blue River Dairy, Southland’s Sheep Milk Café, where you can enjoy cheese tasting and a chance to try the best cheeseroll in Southland.
After an early breakfast we transfer to the airport for our flight home.
• Six nights hotel accommodation (see details)
• Cooked breakfasts daily
• Two lunches and six dinners
• All sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
• Commentaries provided by your experienced escort, drivers and local guides
• Comfortable air-conditioned coaches with panoramic windows
• Return airfares from Auckland - Dunedin and Invercargill - Auckland and other destinations (conditions apply)
• Return flights Invercargill - Stewart Island
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $400 per person will secure a place on the tour.
• FULL PAYMENT is due no later than 28 January 2022
• Bookings made after 28 January 2022will require full payment
• Deposit – non refundable
• 28 January 2022 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $150 per person
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote.
Saturday 12 Royal Albatross (Dunedin)
$55 per person
Albatrosses are the world’s largest seabirds. They normally breed on remote islands and spend at least 85 percent of their lives at sea, well away from land and human view. Dunedin’s Taiaroa Head is the only mainland Royal Albatross breeding colony in the world and is a wonderful day out from Dunedin. The tour includes some walking to see the nesting Albatross (numbers are limited). Most breeding albatross will have returned and will be nesting, we should hopefully see between 2- 5 nesting birds.
This optional tours attract a separate charge. These options can be included at time of final payment (see booking form)
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
• All travellers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination. It is important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour
consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change