This interactive culinary week is based at the absolute beachfront Manuia Beach Hotel. Phillip Nordt is a German Chef married to a Cook Islander and is also host of the weekly TV Show “Chefs Table” which you will particpate in . His four masterclasses will delight you.
Depart on Air New Zealand - Cross the dateline
Arrive in Rarotonga and be met with a Fresh Flower ei greeting before a private transfer to Manuia Beach resort, your home for the next seven nights. This evening we will enjoy a cocktail and a welcome dinner. Plus meet your host, local guide and local cultural icon, Tumutoa and host Chef, Phillip Nordt.
After breakfast we will take you to the Saturday market, which is an experience in itself, then we return to Manuia Beach Resort for the filming of The Chefs Table – a weekly Cook Islands Cooking show. You will be the audience and of course participate in the lunch being cooked
This is a free day, reception can arrange for church transfers for those interested in hearing the wonderful acapella singing and experience a Cook islands Church service
Phillip will take you shopping where you will participate fully in your Masterclass session number 1 followed by a meal of what you have cooked. This evening we will collect you and take you to one of our excellent restaurants –Antipodes, for a special dinner.
A day off from cooking. Today you will visit Tumutoa’s home and prepare an umu (Traditional earth oven - Masterclass 2) and while that is cooking, Tumutoa will take the group on a walking tour around his village and point out the food sources and history. Evening free.
Phillip again will take you shopping or to plantations to source food supplies and then you will participate fully in your Masterclass session number 2 followed by a meal from what you have sourced and prepared. Tonight we travel to Highland Paradise Cook Islands cultural Centre for a Ka’ara Island Night including dinner and an excellent live historical show
Masterclass session number 3, Phillip again will take you shopping or to plantations to source food supplies and once again you will participate in a meal from what you have sourced and prepared. Tonight we will have our farewell dinner which Phillip will prepare and demonstrate his Flambe skills for desserts
Today we fit in our Bread making Masterclass as your final and 4th session with Phillip. After lunch, it will be time to transfer to the airport for your
return flight home Cross the international dateline
An early evening arrival after a fabulous week away.
• Return economy airfares ‘The Works’ with Air New Zealand
• Seven night’s accommodation
• Daily tropical breakfasts
• Transfers, tours and sightseeing as specified.
• Four Masterclass cooking sessions with Phillip Nordt
• Participant of live TV “The Chefs Table” Cooking Show
• Six Lunches (6)
• Four Dinners (4) including special dinner at Antipodes and a Flambe dinner
• Island night with dinner
• Arrival Cocktail evening
• Local Host/Guide
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Beachfront Studio Villa (Only one)||$4,130|
|Premium Garden Villa||$3,817||$4,966|
|Business Class and Premium Economy||Price on application|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Item of personal expenses
• Travel Insurance - ask us for a quote
• Airline and airport taxes approx $155
• Meals not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 27 August 2021
• From the date of booking to 27 August 2021 – loss of deposit
• After 27 August 2021 – no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• The New Zealand Dollar – ATMs are available around the island
• Valid New Zealand passport is required - valid for at least 7 days beyond your stay. Other nationalities - please ask
• Cook Island and New Zealand entry forms to be completed online (compulsory)
• A good standard of health is required, with the ability to walk on
uneven surfaces and stand for periods is necessary
Philip is German born and trained in Switzerland and Vienna. He now combines European epicureanism with the Cook Islands delicatessen “The Chefs Table” Cook Islands presented by Phillip Nordt is not just a TV programme, it’s an interactive show and an overall experience, where the audience gets involved and Phillip shows the audience how to cook food that is tasty and healthy. “Food needs to be an awesome experience,” he says. “That’s what the chef’s table will be. We sit down, we talk about food and we eat it
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change