The scent of mulled wine, pine needles, warm gingerbread and sizzling Bratwurst surround you while browsing the Christkindlesmarkts on the way from Prague to Vienna. Lights twinkle from giant Christmas trees, market squares and light up church steeples and ancient bridges.
You can become absorbed in the festive atmosphere and enjoy it all on our escorted Avalon River Cruise. Why not join us?
Early evening departure on Emirates Airlines for direct flight to Dubai.
Arrive Dubai. Change Planes. Arrive Prague early afternoon and transfer to your central hotel. Remainder of day at leisure. Welcome dinner tonight.
After a leisurely start we take a morning tour of the state opera house before a free afternoon to explore the city at your leisure.
Built more than 1000 years ago on seven hills, Prague today is magnificent city of beautiful architecture, lush green hills and graceful bridges. A walking tour takes you to the Royal Castle of Hradcany, across Charles Bridge to the Old Quarter of Prague to view the Jewish Ghetto, Town Hall and the world-famous Astronomical Clock.
Free time to visit the markets.
Free time until your coach journey through the countryside to Nuremberg where you board Avalon illumination - your home for the next six nights. Indulge in traditional holiday fare and hot libations to warm your heart and soul.
Choice of tours this morning. A tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic Cathedral and Kaiserburg Castle OR A tour of the historic Nuremburg Rally grounds used by the Third Reich. Free time to browse the local Christmas Markets and sample favourite Bavarian fare – from varieties of bratwurst s, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine. Later relax and enjoy on-board entertainment.
Today join a Guided City Walk and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria-entrance to the Castra Regina fortress built in 179 AD. Take time to browse Regensburg’s sparkling Christmas markets. Enjoy hot-mulled wine, candied almonds, gingerbread, or bratwurst. Tonight enjoy a Christmas Traditions Lecture on board.
Today a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.” You may like to join a Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg, Austria. See the setting of The Sound of Music, and learn the story behind the beloved Christmas hymn, Silent Night. Spend free time in Passau’s charming Christkindlmarkt near magnificent St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Take a brief evening cruise to Linz. Enjoy live entertainment on board.
Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings. Enjoy an Austrian Cookie Tasting while sailing through the splendid Wachau Valley to Vienna. Vienna’s Winter Wonderland This evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.
Explore the Habsburg empire this morning on a Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex-the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the iconic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Spend free time on your own to enjoy the Christkindlesmarkt or relax by the fire’s glow in a Viennese cafe this evening. You may join a Guided Optional Tour of Schonbrunn Palace-summer home of the Habsburg dynasty for 300 years.
Disembark and transfer to your central located hotel for the night. Farewell Dinner tonight.
Morning at leisure, Transfer to the airport for a late evening departure on Emirates.
** Option to extend your stay in Europe – please ask
• Return economy Emirate air Auckland – Dubai - Prague // Vienna – Dubai - Auckland
• Includes all gratuities on board ‘Avalon illumination’
• Three nights Prague pre-cruise
• Two days Vienna post-cruise
• Walking tour (Prague)
• Six nights cruise on board ‘Avalon illumination’
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Dinners
• All meals, afternoon teas and night fare onboard ‘Avalon illumination’
• Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner on board ‘Avalon illumination’
• On-board enriching activities • wine tastings •talks by experts • local artisan demonstrations • performances by local entertainers
• Port Charges
• Included selected guided shore excursions
• Four Star hotel accommodation
• Breakfast daily
• Lunches and dinners as specified
• English speaking guides throughout
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person *
Auckland - Auckland
|Category P (French balcony)
|Category A (French Balcony)
|Category D (half window)
|Business Class Upgrade
*This is a cash or direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee *Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment *
• Travel Insurance (compulsory) - Please ask for a quote
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• Airport and airline taxes (NZD240)
• A deposit of $1000 per person will secure a place on this trip
• Full payment is due no later than 23 August 2024
• From the date of deposit until 23 August 2024 – the deposit is non-refundable
• After 23 August 2024 - no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visas are required for New Zealand passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
Temperatures will be cold and vary between 6˚c and 0 ˚c
On board ‘Avalon illumination’ by day –comfortable touring clothes and walking shoes;
By night – smart casual
Euro is standard
• A good standard of health and fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile with the ability to walk unaided on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs.
• It is expected you will arrive on tour fit, healthy and ready to travel.
Custom Built For European Waterways
• Launched 2014
• Length 135m
• Staterooms 16
• Suites 67
• Crew 47
Included for every Guest
• Spacious outside Deluxe Stateroom
• Large three-door closets and in-room safe
• Comfortable Collection Beds with Egyptian cotton linen
• Large desk & power outlets
• Individual climate control
• Well-stocked mini bar with complimentary bottled water
• Plush bathrobes and slippers
• Flat screen TV
• L’Occitane bath products
• Complimentary WIFI throughout
• Regional wines & beer with every on-board lunch and dinner
• Sparkling wine with breakfast
• High quality coffee / hot chocolate / tea available all day
• Fitness room with top quality equipment
• Included sightseeing with certified local guides
• Professional Cruise Director and staff to assist
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
• Panoramic windows throughout the ship
• Elegant, contemporary design & decor
• Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
• Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
• Covered Observation Lounge
• Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
• Non-smoking interior and staterooms
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/ termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change