The scent of mulled wine, pine needles, warm gingerbread and sizzling Bratwurst surround you while browsing the Christkindlesmarkts on the way from Prague to Frankfurt. Lights twinkle from giant Christmas trees, market squares and light up church steeples and ancient bridges. You can become absorbed in the festive atmosphere and enjoy it all on our escorted Avalon River Cruise. Why not join us?
Early evening departure on Emirates Airlines for direct flight to Dubai.
Arrive Dubai. Change Planes. Arrive Prague early afternoon and transfer
to your central hotel. Remainder of day at leisure. Welcome dinner tonight.
After a leisurely start we take a morning tour of the state opera house before a free afternoon to explore the city at your leisure.
Built more than 1000 years ago on seven hills, Prague today is magnificent city of beautiful architecture, lush green hills and graceful bridges. The sightseeing tour starts with a drive past Wenceslas Square, Strahov Stadium
and Castle Square. A walking tour takes you to the Royal Castle of
Hradcany, across Charles Bridge to the Old Quarter of Prague to view
the Jewish Ghetto, Town Hall and the world-famous Astronomical Clock.
Free time to visit the markets.
Free time until your coach journey through the countryside to Nuremberg where you board Avalon Passion - your home for the next six nights.
Indulge in traditional holiday fare and hot libations to warm your heart and
Choice of tours this morning. A tour of Nuremberg’s medieval architecture, gilded fountain, Gothic Cathedral and Kaiserburg Castle OR A tour of the historic Nuremburg Rally grounds used by the Third Reich. Free time to browse the local Christmas Markets and sample favourite Bavarian fare – from varieties of bratwurst s, gingerbread, mulled blueberry wine. Later relax and enjoy on-board entertainment
Guided tour of Bamberg, medieval home of German’s Roman Empire dynasties. Stroll through dozens of Bambers nativity scenes – from
miniature to life-size. Free time to enjoy the quaint Christmas markets and warm up with traditional German dumplings, sausage and a glass of hearty
Guided tour of the “Pearl of the Romantic Road” with its Old Main Bridge, towing fortress and baroque Bishops Residence. Visit the Kathe Wohlfahrt German Christmas museum – the world’s most extensive collection of traditional German Christmas decorations. Free to time to enjoy the festive,
warm glow of Wurzburg’s Christmas Markets.
The Main River is lined with picturesque towns and breathtaking scenery. Enjoy a guided tour exploring the awe inspiring architecture dating back to the 12th century.
Disembark and transfer to your central located hotel for the night
Morning at leisure, Transfer to the airport for a late evening departure
** Option to extend your stay in Europe – please ask
Arrive Dubai – change planes
**Option for stopover in Dubai – please ask
Arrive Auckland mid-morning
• Return economy Emirate air Auckland – Dubai - Prague // Frankfurt – Dubai - Auckland
• Includes all gratuities on board ‘Avalon Artistry II’
• Three nights Prague pre-cruise
• Walking tour (Prague)
• Six nights cruise on board ‘Avalon Artistry II’
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Dinners
• All meals, afternoon teas and night fare onboard ‘Avalon Artistry II’
• Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner on board ‘Avalon Artistry II’
• On-board enriching activities • wine tastings •talks by experts • local artisan demonstrations • performances by local entertainers
• Port Charges
• Included selected guided shore excursions
• Four Star hotel accommodation
• Breakfast daily
• Lunches and dinners as specified
• English speaking guides throughout
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Category P (French balcony)||$8,987||N/A|
|Category A (French Balcony)||$8,899||$10,376|
|Category B (half window)||$8,799||$10,300|
|Category D (half window)||$7,995||$9,397|
|Business Class Upgrade||+$8,744|
Mixed class upgrade
(Business class between Auckland and Dubai and Economy class between Dubai and Europe)
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Travel Insurance (compulsory) - Please ask for a quote
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• Airport and airline taxes (NZD306)
A deposit of $1,000 per person will secure a place on this trip
• Full payment is due no later than 19 August 2022
From the date of deposit until 19 August 2022 – the deposit is non-refundable
• After 19 August 2022 - no refund
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visas are required for New Zealand passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
Temperatures will be cold and vary between 6˚c and 0 ˚c
On board ‘Avalon Artistry II’ by day –comfortable touring clothes and walking shoes; By night – smart casual
Euro is standard
• A good standard of health and fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile with the ability to walk unaided on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs.
All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card with proof of
your full Covid-19 vaccination.
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition
to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• If New Zealand and or international Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine / self isolation
travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount
of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days.
‘Avalon Artistry II’
Custom Built For European Waterways
• Launched 2013
• Length 110m
Included for every Guest
• Spacious outside Deluxe Stateroom
• Large three-door closets and in-room safe
• Comfortable Collection Beds with Egyptian cotton linen
• Large desk & power outlets
• Individual climate control
• Well-stocked mini bar with complimentary bottled water
• Plush bathrobes and slippers
• Flat screen TV
• L’Occitane bath products
• Complimentary WIFI throughout
• Regional wines & beer with every onboard lunch and dinner
• Sparkling wine with breakfast
• High quality coffee / hot chocolate / tea available all day
• Fitness room with top quality equipment
• Included sightseeing with certified local guides
• Professional Cruise Director and staff to assist
• Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows
• Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, shade awnings and whirlpool
• Fitness Centre
• Non-smoking interior and staterooms
• Elegant, contemporary design
• Outside viewing deck
• Headsets for guided shore excursions in Europe
• Friendly, English-speaking crew and Cruise Director
• Sightseeing with Certified Local Guides
• Onboard lectures, activities & nightly entertainment
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/ termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change