As this is the first year of this public holiday we thought a break in Rotorua would be just the ticket. Hobbiton has been top of our international visitors list but many kiwis have not visited this attraction so we have included this attraction enroute to Rotorua.
The hot pools are great in winter and there are multiple options to choose from at the Polynesian Pools.
Travel by coach to Matamata for a guided tour of Hobbiton. Time for a coffee break at the Shire’s Rest Café with views to the Kaimai’s. The two hour guided tour and see the set and understand how the movie magic is made. Lunch at your own expense in one of Matamata’s acclaimed cafes before continuing onto Rotorua for your two night stay at the Novotel Hotel. Dinner is included tonight.
The day is yours. Perhaps the Treetop walk, a soak in the Polynesian pools or a wander around the shops. Dinner tonight is at a local restaurant.
After breakfast return to Auckland
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash / Direct Debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than Friday 02 May 2022
• Deposit non-refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis
• No refund will be made after 02 May 2022
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $100 per person
Matariki is a star cluster that appears in the early morning sky in New Zealand during the mid-winter months. It is one of the brightest clusters in the sky, containing hundreds of member stars. In the Maori calendar it was the sign for a new year. Known in New Zealand as Matariki it has different names around the world. In English, it is called by its ancient Greek name, Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. In Hawaiian it is Makali’i, ‘eyes of royalty’, in Japan it is Subaru, meaning ‘gathered together’.
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a reasonable standard of fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile.
• Mobility frames are not practical or permitted
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change