This two centre break offers little known areas of New Zealand with time to choose from a range of interesting activities
Golf at Terrace Downs, walks at both the Rakia and the Hooker Valley at Mt Cook both stunning, plus much more. Our local guide Wayne is a gem whose local knowledge and farming experience will bring an understanding of this area. Summertime will be warm and sunny!
Fly on Air New Zealand to Christchurch. On arrival travel by luxury coach to Terrace Downs in the Rakia River Valley, stopping enroute for lunch. Check into your luxury suites. Dinner is at the resort Terrace Downs Resort is one of the prestigious high country resorts. It embraces magnificent views of the Alps. The resort boasts an 18 hour golf course that will suit novices to pros! Dine with spectacular views while enjoy in fresh local delicacies. Activities available are golf, tennis, the Rakaia River walk and the Washpen Falls Walk.
Today travel to the Ashburton Lakes-a magical area lying between the Rangitata and Rakia rivers. A stop at Mt Sunday before a visit to Erewhon Station, a 35,000 acre merino, cattle, deer and Clydesdale stud. Enjoy a wagon ride pulled by Clydesdales plus a picnic lunch.
Continue to Lake Coleridge with a walk through the Hart Aboretum that brings you to the classic Lake Coleridge power station. We return to the resort for dinner.
Today is yours to choose your activity – or not!! Dinner is at the resort.
This morning a refreshment stop in Geraldine and time to explore then onto Fairlie and the Mountain setting around Tekapo. Finally a drive along the shore of Lake Pukaki with the Ben Ohau ranges on one side with time to settle in at the Hermitage before dinner.
A day to participate in optional activities
Sir Edmond Hillary Alpine Centre
Your Explorer Pass will enable you to visit the centre which features a 3D movie theatre, planetarium and museum. You’ll find the museum showcasing the history of the Mt Cook region through transport, climbing and pioneer extraordinaire, Sir Edmund Hillary himself.
Tasman Glacier 4WD Unimog $69 pp
This excursion comes highly recommended. The guide is knowledgeable and passionate, the views spectacular.
Day at lesuire.
Mt Cook Day Walks
For the more energetic walks are available, taking in some of the breath-taking views of the mountains and valleys. The Hooker Valley walk is the best.
Tasman Lake Cruise Enjoy an hours cruise on Tasman Lake and see Icicles and the glacier up close.
Today we head back with a lunch stop then continue over the Canterbury Plains to Christchurch for your return flight home.
• Air New Zealand flights Auckland – Christchurch return (other destinations – please ask)
• Transport by luxury coach
• Our own driver / guide
• 6 night’s luxury accommodation
• Daily breakfast
• Meals as specified
• 4WD excursion to Mesopotamia station
• Pukekohe Travel escort subject to minimum 15 persons
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Twin - Two couples in two bedroom apartment in Terrace Downs||$2,693||$3,689|
|Twin – in a 1 brm apartment Terrace Downs (limited)|| $3,035
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required to secure your place on the tour.
• Full payment is due not later than 14 January 2022
• Bookings after 14 January 2022 – full payment at time of booking
• Deposit – non-refundable
• Full payment – non-refundable
• All cancellations are on a per person basis
• No refund can be made one the tour is underway.
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $300 per person
• We strongly recommend participants to take out suitable insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for quote.
TERRACE DOWNS - LUXURY
ACCOMMODATION IN THE HEART OF CANTERBURY
In the shadow of the majestic Southern Alps, Terrace Downs Resort lies in the heart of the picturesque Canterbury region. An ideal ‘getting away from it all’ destination.Quintessential New Zealand – stay with us to experience majestic scenery and warm hospitality. As the ‘Gateway to the South Island’, Terrace Downs resort is perfectly located.Includes unique high country 18-hole championship golf course.Other activities include: claybird shooting, archery, walks, tennis and more
The Hermitage Hotel
Proudly New Zealand & family owned, the Hermitage Hotel, Aoraki/Mount Cook is an iconic hotel with a rich history spanning over 130 years. The Hermitage is the perfect base to explore the natural wonders of the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, with a variety of accommodation options, a collection of dining establishments & unique activities whilst providing genuine kiwi hospitality. Your adventure begins here.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be able to walk comfortably for at least 500 metres.
• Walking frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change