Join our exclusive Princess Cruises and the Ghan Train escorted tour to Australia in August 2024.
This is a rare opportunity to embark ‘Coral Princess’ in Sydney to cruise via Brisbane and Cairns to Darwin. ‘Coral Princess’ is a comfortable 4-star cruise ship with all the bells and whistles to entertain you for nine nights of luxury. Darwin, the Northern Territory Capital, offers history and Litchfield National Park boasts a myriad of cascading waterfalls, waterholes and pools, spectacular rock formations and flora and fauna. The legendary Ghan rail journey through the heart of Australia includes ever-changing landscapes, meals, drinks and off-train excursions in Katherine, Alice Springs and Coober Pedy. We have limited space available and we hope you can join us on another of our Australian adventures.
“Real highlight was watching the enormous sunrise – the dining car on the Ghan train. Superb food & service” – Joan
“First time with Pukekohe Travel. We found the trip well organised, with great hotels and overall a pleasant experience” – Alan & Gael
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand, arriving mid-morning in Sydney. On arrival, transfer to the Port of Sydney to board Coral Princess in time for a late lunch. Depart Sydney Harbour late afternoon.
A day of cruising at sea. Treat yourself and dine at one of the delicious specialty restaurants this evening and later catch a Broadway-style show in the theatre to complete a perfect evening on board.
The cool and casual capital of Queensland offers all the glitz and glam of a big city, without the big city airs. Located on the banks of the Brisbane River and surrounded by rolling hills, this urban oasis is certainly a great day out.
Another cruising day. Pamper yourself and pay a visit to the spa for a relaxing massage or beauty treatment.
A short stop at this tiny island sitting beyond the Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea Islands Territory. Wildlife numbering into the thousands, Willis Island itself caters to many species of seabirds, including Masked, Brown and Red-footed Boobies that cry out nearly 24 hours a day.
Cairns is one of Australia’s hottest vacation destinations. Sixteen miles of superb beaches stretch to the north of the city - the famed Marlin Coast and inland lies the immense Daintree National Park. Cairns itself basks in tropical sunshine and balmy breezes waft in from Trinity Bay. The city’s graceful, tree-lined esplanade was once the gateway to the gold fields of North Queensland.
This morning arrive into Darwin. Disembark ‘Coral Princess’ and join your fellow passengers on a sightseeing tour of Darwin, getting the perfect introduction to Darwin’s history and quirky charm. Included is a visit to the Royal Flying Doctors Tourist facility and lunch at Stokes Hill Wharfe.
An early morning start for the drive to Litchfield National Park. The gorgeous, historical town of Batchelor is the gateway to Litchfield National Park. View the termite mounds found at Litchfield National Park and the spectacular double waterfall of Florence Falls from a high vantage point. One of the three major waterfalls along the western face of the Tabletop Range is Tolmer Falls. Marvel at the water cascading down into the deep waterhole at the base of the falls. Return to Darwin this evening.
A full day to explore Darwin and uncover some Northern Territory gems along the way. Why not explore Darwin on a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour. Discover the best of Darwin, including the lush Botanic Gardens, crocodiles at Crocosaurus Cove and fascinating local history at the Military Museum. Tonight we enjoy a Darwin Harbour Sunset Cruise with fresh seafood and local produce on offer.
This morning transfer to the Darwin Rail Terminal to board The Ghan. Prepare for a journey of comfort, relaxation and a touch of adventure, as the legendary Ghan takes you deep into the heart of Australia. This afternoon you will arrive into Katherine, home of the stunning Katherine Gorge and rich in Indigenous history.
Continue your journey aboard The Ghan making an extended stop in Alice Springs - the heart of the Red Centre. Tonight is an extraordinary evening experience with an outback BBQ under the stars. Breath-taking.
From your morning stop at the outback outpost of Manguri, you’ll venture into the weird and wonderful opal mining township of Coober Pedy, where more than half of the residents live underground. Here, you’ll enjoy a day of discovery, and a gourmet lunch in the most unique of locations: underground.
Today arrive into Adelaide late morning. Enjoy a short city tour before transferring to our beachfront hotel in Glenelg. An evening at leisure to enjoy the seaside suburb of Glenelg.
This morning we have a tour of Adelaide City including the Adelaide Oval and Central City.
After breakfast we travel to the Barossa Valley, followed by a heritage tour and lunch at Seppeltsfield Winery. After lunch return to Glenelg. Remainder of the day at leisure.
After breakfast transfer to Adelaide Airport for your flight home.
• Economy flights Auckland – Sydney // Adelaide - Auckland
• All international transfers
• Nine nights aboard ‘Coral Princess’ in the Stateroom of your choice
• All meals included on board ‘Coral Princess’
• Cocktail reception on board
• ‘Coral Princess’ gratuities, port taxes & fees
• Three nights Darwin post-cruise
• Full day tour to Litchfield National Park
• Entry into Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin Tourist Facility
• Stokes Hill Wharf lunch voucher in Darwin
• Darwin Harbour Sunset Dinner Cruise.
• Three nights on board The Ghan in Gold Class (Beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks, water, tea and coffee included)
• Off-train excursions in Katherine, Alice Springs & Coober Pedy
• Three night’s hotel accommodation in Adelaide including breakfast
• Adelaide City Sights experience Tour
• Day tour to Sepplesfield Winery in the Barossa Valley including lunch
• Pukekohe Travel escort, subject to 20 people travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Early Booking Discount (1 December 2023 )||$150|
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount||$100|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel insurance – please ask us for a quote
• Airline taxes (NZD$285)
• A non-refundable deposit of NZ$3,500 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment by 02 April 2024
• No refund after full payment
• From date of booking until 02 April 2024 – loss of deposit
• After 02 April 2024– no refund
• We advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs
• Please ask us for a quote
Checked-in luggage is not accessible during the train journey. Pack your cabin bag with the essentials for the two nights on The Ghan. Smart casual is required for the Queen Adelaide Restaurant on board the train.
• Daytime – comfortable touring clothes, good walking shoes. Evening – smart casual for hotels and on board the train.
• Cruising: As above, with something more dressy for the special nights on board. There are casual alternative restaurants.
Sydney 21˚c 15˚c
Brisbane 26˚c 17˚c
Darwin 32˚c 24˚c
Alice Springs 27˚c 12˚c
Adelaide 21˚c 12˚c
• A good standard of fitness is required for this tour. The ability to walk unaided for 500 metres is essential. The train is unstable while travelling, therefore you need to be firm-of-foot.
• Mobility frames are not practical or permitted.
• It is expected you will arrive on tour fit, healthy and ready to travel.
• The Outback Explorer Lounge is the train’s centre of activity
• Gold Service Guests dine in the classically-appointed Queen Adelaide Restaurant
• Gold Twin - a comfortable sleeper cabin features private en-suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a three seater lounge by day
• Gold Single - a compact sleeper cabin features a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/ toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
Gold Class Service Features
• All-inclusive dining. A regionally inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
• All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change