Herodotus, Marco Polo and Ibn Battuta extended the boundaries of their known world. Our new, luxury, small ship, hosted cruise tour will allow you to follow in their footsteps.
Long-lost Petra rose and fell during the centuries and Dubai has emerged from its beginnings as a humble fishing village to a modern city with soaring glass skyscrapers. Mumbai combines the hustle and bustle of a modern city with a kaleidoscope of vibrant colours, tastes and smells.
Thousands of years of history stands before you in the open-air museum that is Luxor and legacy of the ancient Greeks .
Time has changed much of the world with technology and cyber trade, but you can still find markets where silks, sandalwood and spices are traded. Highlights there are many and you can experience all of this from the comfort of your 5-star small cruise ship, Seabourn Encore. Why not join us on this adventure of a lifetime.
Today we fly with Air New Zealand to Singapore. On arrival late evening we transfer to our inner city hotel.
This morning explore the famous Gardens by the Bay. This 101-hectare futuristic park in downtown Singapore is an oasis amidst the modern city life. This afternoon we embark Seabourn Encore. Sail away late afternoon.
Wake this morning to the “Garden City” of Kuala Lumpur. Discover the diverse architecture and marvel at the colourful displays of Hindu deities in the limestone Batu Caves. You will also have the chance to visit the 222-acre Lake Gardens with its Orchid Garden, Butterfly Park and Bird Park.
Today explore the island of Penang which was established in 1786 as a trading post by the British, the island is a contemporary metropolis with old world charm, offering the best of both worlds while maintaining its illustrious, rich heritage.
Stunning white-sand beaches, sapphire blue seas, exotic marine life and lushly forested hillsides await.
UNESCO granted World Heritage status to Galle’s Old Town and Fort, describing it as “the best example of a fortified city built by Europeans in South and Southeast Asia.” You can also visit a tea plantation to learn how Sri Lanka’s popular export is produced.
Explore Colombo, a modern city where western technology is superimposed on the passion of a traditional Asian metropolis.
A full day in Mumbai awaits. This captivating city is known for its striking contrasts. The fastest growing, most affluent and industrialized city in India. This vibrant city is a kaleidoscopic mixture of intriguing people and incredible places, where within a block or two you can find modern skyscrapers, ornate Victorian buildings, and bustling bazaars.
Wedged between the Arabian Gulf and the Western Al Hajar Mountains, Muscat boasts an ancient history and rich Islamic heritage, evident in its prominent landmarks such as forts, castles, towers and mosques.
Qatar’s capital and largest city displays a broad sea-front corniche lined with impressive, towering and strikingly modern architecture. Why not view it from the sea with a ride on a traditional dhow.
This island is a huge ecological experiment that explores “greening the desert” by re-introducing native and endangered species of Arabian flora and fauna. Over half the island is dedicated to the Arabian Wildlife Park.
Today you can see the contrasts of the nomadic Bedouin people, and the opulence and splendour of the Sheiks, set against a backdrop of Western lifestyles.
Khor al Fakkan is a busy deep-water seaport on the Gulf of Oman. In nearby Fujairah, the oldest mosque in the Emirates is a highlight.
Salalah, Oman’s ancient incense capital is an oasis with lush vegetation resulting from seasonal monsoons. The tropical atmosphere is a striking contrast to the otherwise arid landscapes of the Arabian Peninsula.
The port of Safaga is the gateway to some of Egypt’s most memorable destinations: Luxor, Karnak and Thebes. Luxor has often been called the world’s greatest open-air museum. The pharaoh’s tombs in the Valley of the Kings, and the colossal temples of Luxor and Karnak capture the imagination with splendours that have survived the centuries.
Some of the best snorkelling and diving in the world is found in the red sea at the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula. The area is also revered as a place of prophets and miracles, including St. Catherine’s Monastery, one of the most important religious sites in Sinai.
Today is your chance to visit Petra. Walk the siq and be amazed as the treasury opens up before your eyes. A day not to be missed.
The 120-mile canal from Suez to Port Said was opened in 1869. The canal is at sea level, so no locks are required. Relax and enjoy the experience as you join the single northbound convoy allowed each day.
Wander from the ship at leisure. This charming village of white house’s enjoys an attractive Venetian harbour that is surrounded by restaurants, outdoor cafes and clusters of shops.
This morning we disembark Seabourn Encore to explore the city of Athens and the treasure trove of antiquities. We include The Panathenaic Stadium, The Acropolis, Hardrian’s Arch plus The Temple of the Olympian Zeus. Tonight we celebrate with a final dinner together.
This morning a leisurely start and free time to continue exploring Athens. This afternoon we transfer to the airport for our Emirates flight home.
We change planes in Dubai and continue to Auckland.
Arrive Auckland late morning
• 36-night cruise onboard Seabourn Encore
• Veranda Suite balcony cabin
• World class dining
• All dining venues are complimentary
• Complimentary wine with lunch and dinner onboard
• Open bar throughout the ship including premium spirits and fine wines
• Complimentary in-suite mini bar stocked with your preferences
• Gratuities are neither required nor expected
• International economy flights Auckland - Singapore with Air New Zealand
• International economy flights Athens - Auckland with Emirates Airlines
• 1 night in Singapore
• Entry to the Gardens by the Bay in Singapore
• 1 night in Athens in 5-star accommodation
• City experience tour of Athens
• Farewell dinner Athens
• All government taxes and port charges included
• Pukekohe Travel escort subject 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Veranda Suite Category V1||$ 28,395||$ 42,595|
Premium economy airfare upgrade Air New Zealand only Auckland to Singapore
Return Business Class airfare upgrade
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance is essential (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx. $250)
• Items not specified
• An airline non-refundable deposit of $1,250 per person is required at time of booking
• A cruise deposit of $7,500 per person is required at time of booking ( the cruise deposit is refundable up until 01 November 2023 )
• Total deposit required at time of booking is $8,750 per person will secure you a place on this cruise tour
• From the date of booking to 01 November 2023 – please see terms under deposits
• After 01 November 2023 – no refund is available
Travel Insurance is essential. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• New Zealand passport holders require a visa for Sri Lanka ( approx. US$50 ); India
( approx. US$80; Jordan ( approx. NZ$100 )
• All other passport holders – please ask
It is essential you can manage your own suitcase. A bag with wheels is an advantage when travelling through airports.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you and others in the group, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required.
The Seabourn Encore Experience
An all-suite five star experience with no more than 600 passengers. Dine at leisure in a choice of four award winning restaurants – casual or elegant – no surcharge. A day at sea is a day to savour – perhaps attend a Seabourn Conservation presentation, join in a card game, take a Pilates class or visit the spa. In port, tailor-made excursions will be offered or explore independently.
Full length window and glass door to private veranda. Comfortable living area. Dining table for two. Queens size bed or two twin beds. Walk in closet. Spacious bathroom with tub and separate shower. Fully stocked bar with your preferences and refrigerator. Total floor space of the suite is 246 square feet and the veranda is 68 square feet.
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible but accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days
Please click here to download a copy of the booking form
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change