The Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow is firmly established as one of the world’s “must-do” Warbirds airshows. Your 3 day Gold Pass will put you in the best seats at the Airshow in a grandstand on the runway. Experience up-close, the flypasts and formation flying of classic warbirds, helicopters and jet fighters. Aircraft highlights this year will include Spitfires, Kittyhawk, Polikarpov I-16, P-51 Mustang, Hercules, Black Falcons and many more. If you have never been to an airshow and enjoy thrilling non-stop aviation action, then this is a not-to-be-missed weekend for you. Book early as spaces are limited.
Morning departure from Auckland to Queenstown on Air New Zealand. On arrival transfer to Wanaka to your motel accommodation. Welcome Dinner included.
This morning you’ll be transferred to Wanaka Airport. Today is the official Practice Day. Check out the static displays while the warbirds assemble and practice overhead. Later we’ll transfer back to Wanaka for the Wanaka lakefront display. Helicopter capability display, flypasts and stunning flare display from the RNZAF Hercules – a great beginning to the weekend’s official events.
Today is show day with some of the world’s most iconic classic Warbird aircraft along with modern military aircraft participating. Experience mock airfield attacks, supported by ground theatre and stunning pyrotechnics. There will be a full programme of non-stop action to experience and your Gold Pass puts you right in the centre of the action and with close access to all of the amazing static displays and conveniences.
A day of more non-stop aviation action, time to visit and re-visit, enjoy the day and the grand finale. Return to Wanaka for your Farewell Dinner.
Transfer from Wanaka to Queenstown for your return flight home.
• Return flights from Auckland to Queenstown Air New Zealand
• Gold Pass to the Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow (see details)
• Four nights in luxury motel accommodation in Wanaka
• Transfers each day to and from Wanaka and the Wanaka airport
• Continental breakfast daily
• Welcome & Farewell Dinners
• Pukekohe Travel Tour Escort – subject to 15 people travelling
GOLD PASS Included in your tour
• Three-day access to an exclusive central grandstand on the runway with the best seats in the show
• A guaranteed grandstand seat
• Access to a large exclusive marquee where under-cover seating is available with CCTV Airshow coverage and exclusive food is available for purchase
• Beverages including wine, spirits & beer from the cash bar and one complimentary drink with ongoing tea, coffee & water
• An Airshow pack including Gold cap, badge & event show programme
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 25 February 2022
• Bookings made after 25 February 2022 will require full payment
• From date of booking - loss of deposit
• After 25 February 2022 – no refund
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $250 per person
We advise all participants take out suitable travel Insurance to cover cancellation costs and weather delays.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change