This week in Rarotonga is a gem. Accommodation is oceanfront, facing a white sandy beach that is swimmable at all tides. Your resident hosts will show you corners of the island not seen on a regular holiday. Each day has an activity with half a day to relax - as is the norm on an island holiday. Join a group of likeminded travellers and book a week away while the water is still warm in Rarotonga.
A morning departure from Auckland on Air New Zealand
(Cross International Dateline)
Arrive Rarotonga mid-afternoon. Transfer to your accommodation at Moana Sands Beach Resort on Titikaveka with time to relax before dinner.
Head off this morning to the Punanga Mai Market. Enjoy the music, fresh food stalls, and authentic arts and crafts. There is time to soak up the atmosphere and
enjoy the organic coffee, fresh fruit smoothies and relax.
A free morning – with the opportunity to walk to the historical Cook Islands Christian Church for a service and song. Lunch today is also a pleasant stroll away at the
Botanical Gardens Café.
This morning’s island tour covers the history, infrastructure and highlights of the island. Also return a little about the Cook Islands Black Pearls. We have also
included a short walking tour of Avarua. After lunch in a local café (own expense) return to the hotel. A afternoon to swim. This evening the progressive dinner is an
opportunity to visit three homes and gardens. A small string band follows along the way – providing island music and fun.
After a relaxed breakfast transfer to the flass bottomed boat lagoon cruise. Enjoy snorkling, ukelele playing, pareu tying, weaving as well as a delicious fish BBQ. Plus
coconut husking, tree climbing and more. Return to the hotel with the balance of the day at leisure.
A day to follow your own interests. The round island bus stop is outside the property Moana Sands. Swim and relax. A late afternoon transfer to ‘Highland Paradise’
for an evening of unique and truly authentic cultural entertainment and an umu feast awaits
Day of leisure today The farewell dinner is at the hotel
Morning free before an afternoon transfer ends a week in ‘Raro’. Return to Auckland on Air New Zealand (Cross the International Date Line)
Arrive Auckland early evening
• 7 nights’ accommodation in an ocean view room with private facilities
• Auckland - Rarotonga return Air New Zealand ‘The Works’ airfare
• Tropical breakfast daily
• 2 lunches
• 4 dinners
• Island orientation tour
• Cultural Centre visit
• Lagoon cruise
• Marie Nui Garden tour
• History and infrastructure tour
• Complementary use of kayaks
• Hosted by long time Rarotonga residents and Pukekohe Travel escorts Peter Heays and Jolene Bosanquet
• Subject to 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Deluxe (3 Only) SOLD OUT||3,499||N/A|
|Standard Room - 2 rooms left||$3,099||$4,394|
|Business Class Upgrade||POA|
|Premium Economy Class Upgrade||POA|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Item of personal expenses
• Travel Insurance - ask us for a quote
• Airline and airport taxes approx $191
• Meals not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 15 July 2022
• From the date of booking to 15 July 2022 – loss of deposit
• After 15 July 2022 – no refund
• A good standard of health is required and clients should be mobile with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and steps.
• All visitors to the Cook Islands, aged 5 years and above, will need to be fully vaccinated (except those with a medical certificate).
Your beachfront studio directly overlooks the idyllic Titikaveka
(best swimming/snorkeling beach on the Island), with
mesmerising views of the lagoon and ocean beyond.
Each spacious studio has air conditioning, flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, refrigerator and hair dryer. Wi-Fi vouchers are available for purchase at reception.
Interconnecting beachfront Studios on ground and first levels are perfect for families. A handy grocery store is located just a five minute walk away.
Kayaks, guest laundry and a BBQ are available for in-house
guests, along with baby-sitting service (on request).
We offer complimentary use of snorkelling equipment (with
high level cleaning and disinfecting after each use), we strongly
recommend guests bring their own if possible.
Moana Restaurant & Bar is available for all meals, including your included continental breakfast.
Temperatures are a very pleasant 27˚c with a low of 22˚c
• The New Zealand Dollar – ATMs available around the island
All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination.
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed
amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $350 per person.
• If New Zealand and or Australian Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine / self isolation travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the
most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days.
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/ termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
We recommend travel insurance. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change