This tour is escorted by a Rarotonga resident and it is a wonderful opportunity to experience the local culture and explore four distinct and rarely visited islands of the Cook Islands southern group. The Islands have virtually no beaches as they have been pushed up from the sea floor by volcanic activity and are surrounded by ‘Makatea’, coral beds that now form the cliff faces of the islands. Aitutaki is the opposite as it has a beautiful lagoon with sandy beaches and crystal clear water.
A morning departure on Air New Zealand, cross the dateline to arrive on the previous day.
Arrive mid afternoon where you will be met on arrival and transferred to your accommodaton at Sunset Resort for three nights. Welcome dinner tonight
Today’s venture is a glass bottom lagoon cruise, it includes a local lunch
This morning an orientation tour of the island balance of the day free to relax/shop/explore. This evening, visit Highland Paradise for dinner and show – the most authentic show and experience on the island
Transfer to the airport for you flight to Mangaia On arrival transfer to your guesthouse for the next two nights Mangaia is the oldest island in the Pacific-18 million years old! It is
roughly circular in shape and rises to 4760m.
The outer islands take their religion seriously so you will be invited to church. During our stay an island tour is included
We fly to Mauke today. Our accommodation is in a guesthouse for two nights Mauke is a volcanic plateau surrounded by Makatea (raised coral beds).
Today enjoy a tour of the island including the CICC church due to a village dispute it was divided into two with each side decorated differently. Today the partition has been removed
Our flight today takes us to Atiu. On arrival transfer to your accommodation to villas set in a lush garden. Aitu is known for its limestone caves along the coast and rich soils in the centre.
This morning’s tour includes bird watching and visiting the cave to see tiny Kopeka birds that use sonar to navigate the dark. See where the Aitu coffee is grown and perhaps some tivaevae the Cook Islands appliqué work.
This morning fly to world renowned Aitutaki lagoon. Accommodation is at Aitutaki Village Villas - set a few steps from the sandy lagoon. - island tour.
Today is “Lagoon Cruise Day’. Walk across the road to your boat! Cruise the lagoon - visit several motu (islands). On One Foot Island stop for lunch of a BBQ fish, salads and fruit with time for a swim and snorkel in the warm water
Farewell the Outer Cooks today with a flight back to Rarotonga and connect to your return Air New Zealand flight home
• Return air travel * The Works on Air New Zealand Auckland/ Rarotonga
• Three nights accommodation in Rarotonga
• Seven nights accommodation on four islands of the Southern Cook Islands group. Best available- shared facilities
• Breakfast in Rarotonga
• Other meals as specified
• Island tour Rarotonga
• Lagoon cruise
• All meals transfers and touring on the outer islands
• Travelling with you will be a Rarotonga resident who will escort and coordinate the tour.
• Group size 11 people maximum
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash / direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx $150)
• Meals not specified
• A deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 22 March 2024
• From the date of booking to– loss of deposit
• After 22 March 2024– no refund
Travel Insurance is compulsory. Please contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for NZ passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
• Temperatures are a very pleasant with a high of 25 and low of 21
• The outer islands will be very similar
• The New Zealand Dollar – ATMs available on Rarotonga. Cash on all other islands.
The Cook Islands is a nation in the South Pacific, with political links to New Zealand. Its 15 islands are scattered over a vast area. The largest island, Rarotonga, is home to rugged mountains and Avarua, the national capital. To the north the island are atolls with a lagoon encircled by coral reefs and small, sandy islets.The country is renowned for its many snorkeling and scuba-diving sites.while most of the southern group are called makatea they have been pushed up from the seabed and there once coral shores are now their cliff faces
• A good standard of health is required and clients should be mobile with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and steps.
• You must be fully vaccinated. You can travel 14 days after you have completed your primary course - for most people, this is 2 doses. You do not need to have
had a booster dose. At this stage, only people aged 5 and over can travel to the Cook Islands.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change