This tour is escorted by a rarotonga resident and it is a wonderful opportunity to experience the local culture and explore four distinct and rarely visited islands of the Cook Islands Southern Group.
These islands have virtually no beaches as they have been pushed up from the sea floor by volcanic activity and are surrounded by ‘Makatea’, coral beds that now form the cliff faces of the islands
A morning departure on Air New Zealand, cross the dateline to arrive the previous day.
Mid-afternoon arrive in Rarotonga. Meet your Rarotonga based host. Transfer to you hotel for the next three nights. Welcome dinner tonight.
This morning an orientation tour of the island balance of the day free to relax.
Today transfer to Muri Beach for a glass bottomed boat excursion and lunch. Balance of the day free.
Transfer to the airport for you flight to Mangaia On arrival transfer to your guesthouse for the next two nights Mangaia is the oldest island in the Pacific-18 million years old! It is roughly circular in shape and rises to 4760m.
The outer islands take their religion seriously so you will be invited to church. During our stay an island tour is included.
We fly to Mauke today. Our accommodation is in a guesthouse for two nights Mauke is a volcanic plateau surrounded by Makatea (raised coral beds).
Today enjoy a tour of the island including the CICC church due to a village dispute it was divided into two with each side decorated differently. Today the partition has been removed.
Our flight today takes us to Mitiaro Mitiaro is another lifted coral island with Makatea rim. The island has a flat swampy centre with two lakes and limestone caves, ideal for a crystal clear swim. We have an overnight stay here A tour of the island is included.
On arrival in Aitu transfer to your accommodation to villas set in a lush garden. Aitu is known for its limestone caves along the coast and rich soils in the centre.
This mornings tour includes bird watching and visiting the cave to see tiny Kopeka birds that use sonar to navigate the dark. See where the Aitu coffee is grown and perhaps some tivaevae the Cook Islands appliqué work.
Farewell the Outer Cooks today with a flight back to Rarotonga and a overnight stay at a hotel close to the airport. Dinner tonight is at a local restaurant.
Farewell your local host. Return to the airport for you flight home.
• Return air travel Auckland/ Rarotonga
• Four nights accommodation in Rarotonga
• Seven nights accommodation on four islands of the Southern Cook Islands group. Best available- shared facilities
• Breakfast in Rarotonga
• Other meals as specified
• Island tour Rarotonga
• Lagoon cruise
• All meals transfers and touring on the outer islands
• Travelling with you will be a Rarotonga resident who will escort and coordinate the tour.
• Group size 11 people maximum
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx $155)
• Meals not specified
• A deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 20 August 2021
• From the date of booking to– loss of deposit
• After 20 August 2021– no refund
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $150 per person
Travel Insurance is compulsory. Please contact us for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for NZ passport holders
• All other passport holders please ask
• A good standard of health is required and clients should be mobile with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and steps.
• If New Zealand Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change