Stewart Island Expedition Its densely forested hills, untouched coastline and golden sand beaches make Stewart Island a haven for native marine and bird life. Vivid dawn and twilight hues give rise to the island’s Maori name, Rakiura – land of the glowing skies. Discover New Zealand’s third and southernmost island on board ‘Milford Wanderer’ a 30m purposebuilt ship, ideal for exploring the bays and inlets. Each day will bring something new – rambles along deserted beaches, marine life encounters, kayaking, guided walks through lush rainforest, cruises in the stabicraft,
or, if you prefer, the opportunity to relax on deck amidst the scenes and moods that is the island. Don’t miss out. We have a very limited number of
Fly Air New Zealand to Invercargill.
After an early breakfast transfer to Bluff for the express catamaran across
Foveaux Strait to Halfmoon Bay to board ‘Milford Wanderer.’’ Cruise to
Port Adventure where oysters were first harvested commercially in the 1800s.
Finish the day with an afternoon beach and / or forest walk with time
to relax and enjoy a sumptuous dinner on-board your home for the next five
We relax on-board this morning as we cruise to Port Pegasus. This afternoon
we have time for kayaking and / or a walk to the lookout above Evening Cove.
After breakfast we explore around Port Pegasus and the options include a
morning walk up the impressive granite peak of Bald Cone and / or a 3 - 4 hour conservation trip led by DOC on the Tin Range.
Today visit the old 1800s fishing base at North Pegasus and the Belltopper
Falls, then an afternoon cruise to Paterson Inlet.
After breakfast spend the morning exploring the Ulva Island bird
sanctuary. In the afternoon visit the historic Norwegian whaling station
in Prices Inlet and / or take the opportunity to kayak at Kaipipi Bay.
A morning walk from Golden Bay across to Halfmoon Bay and on to the
Oban town ship. We say goodbye to Stewart Island as we take the express
catamaran to Bluff in the afternoon. On arrival transfer to Invercargill for your
After breakfast transferyo Invercargill airport for your flight home.
Ask for options to extend your stay in Invercargill.
• Return economy flights Auckland – Invercargill (other destinations please ask).
• Two night’s hotel accommodation in Invercargill - Including breakfast and dinner.
• Coach transfers as outlined
• Express Catamaran transport to Stewart Island return.
• Five nights on board the ‘Milford Wanderer’
• All meals and excursions while onboard
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners as outlined
• Specialist nature guide while on-board ‘Milford Wanderer’
• Guided walks through rainforest & along beautiful deserted shorelines
• Visit historic sites & abandoned settlements
• Tender craft and kayaks for exploring the coastline
• Pukekohe Travel Escort - Subject to 12 people travelling.
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Travel Insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 27 May 2022
• Bookings made after 27 May 2022 will require full payment
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 27 May 2022 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a perperson basis
• No refund can be made once tour is under way
• If this tour is canceled due to Covid19 government travel restrictions, and a refund
is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed
amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of
$350 per person.
• We strongly advise all participants take out suitable travel Insurance to cover
• Please ask for a quote.
• Please note there is NO cell phone coverage during the cruise
• It is recommended that you bring hiking type boots or gumboots which are ideal for
stomping around the beaches and bush
•To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you, a good standard of fitness and mobility is
required, as climbing on and off the various boats can be demanding.
The ‘Milford Wanderer’
Launched in 1992 and re-fitted in 2011, the 30m purpose-built ‘Milford Wanderer’ was adapted from the designs of early sailing scows.
• Steel hull
• Latest safety equipment
• Top speed of 10 knots
• Sleeps 32 passengers
• Open bridge policy
• A stabi-craft 18 person aluminium runabout with landing steps is available
• Comfortable fixed-twin style compartments with all linen and towels provided (no ensuites)
• Shared unisex facilities with modern showers
• The galley is well-provisioned with delicious and plentiful home-cooked meals including morning and afternoon teas provided
• There is a well-stocked, licensed bar with plenty of room to relax in the main saloon. ‘Milford Wanderer’ is NOT licensed for BYO
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change