JOIN US ON A THRILLING IN – DEPTH EXPLORATION OF AUSTRALIA’S WORLD – FAMOUS KIMBERLEY COAST ABOARD THE LUXURIOUS EXPEDITION SHIP HERITAGE ADVENTURER.
This wild and remote coastline boasts towering, fractured iron-tinged red cliffs, waterfalls, azure waters, hidden coves and caves, secluded white sand beaches, magnificent reefs and rare and endangered wildlife with
indigenous customs and connections to an ancient land.
An added tour bonus will include three nights in the Capital
of the Northern Territory Darwin.
A morning departure from Auckland on QANTAS for our flight to Darwin via
Melbourne. On arrival we transfer to our inner-city hotel.
Enjoy a morning sightseeing tour which includes Darwin’s history and
landscapes, the Botanical Gardens, the Northern Territory Museum and
art gallery. Afternoon free before a sunset harbour cruise including
An early morning start for the drive to Litchfield National Park. View the termite mounds and the spectacular double waterfall of Florence Falls.
Marvel at the water cascading down into the deep waterhole at the base
of the falls.
After a leisurely morning we board the Heritage Adventurer in the port of
Darwin. Time to familiarise yourself with the ship. This evening join the
expedition team in the observation lounge as you set sail from Darwin.
Today we settle into life onboard. Relax and enjoy the facilities and prepare for the adventures ahead. Why not join an onboard lecture, take a dip in the pool or watch for sea birds from the observation deck.
Our approach to King George River gorge is not to be missed. Towering 2,000 million-year-old Warton sandstone cliffs dwarf our vessel. Take your first excursion by zodiac craft and marvel at the spectacle of the Kimberley’s highest single-drop falls as they plummet 80 metres over the edge of towering ancient red sandstone cliffs.
This morning we awake to pristine white beaches lapped by turquoise waters, secluded coves and stunning scenery. Here is also the final resting
place of a WWII Douglas DC-3 Aircraft and incredible ancient Aboriginal
rock art. The area is also home to some interesting flora and fauna
including the Golden-backed Tree Rat, echidnas and birdlife.
Today we navigate the Bonaparte Archipelago where our destination is Swift Bay with its sandy beaches, ominous sea-worn caves and mangroves. A Zodiac cruise here allows a closer look at this incredible coastline where we will also likely observe salt water crocodiles.
The Hunter River region is widely considered to be one of the highlights
of the Kimberley coast. Fed by two 90-metre waterfalls the Hunter River is home to one of the largest and most pristine mangrove systems in the world. We cruise by zodiac craft spotting diverse wildlife including White-bellied Sea Eagles, Osprey, Great-billed Heron and more.
Today we continue into this protected area which is home to the spectacular Kings Cascades and Prince Regent River. At Hanover Bay we will enjoy a Zodiac cruise of St George Basin with its spectacular scenery and on to the majestic King Cascade Falls.
At Talbot Bay we will experience the power of the region’s massive tidal
movements which have shaped the landscape, most famously the world’s
only Horizontal Falls. At nearby Cyclone Creek we will explore the twisted geological folds of the ancient seabed and at Montgomery Reef we watch this enormous reef ‘rise’ from the ocean as the tide falls creating torrents and
waterfalls up to 3-metres high.
Today we explore the incredible wildlife reserve and birding paradise of the Lacepede Islands. Here we find what is thought to be the largest
breeding colony of Brown Boobies, up to 18,000 pairs, in the world. In addition the area is the most important breeding grounds for
Green Turtles. Other wildlife which call these remarkable islands home include Roseate Terns, Masked Boobies, Australian Pelicans and much more.
This morning we arrive in Broome, a former wild frontier now relaxed
tropical beach resort and gateway to the Kimberley. Farewell dinner
Optional Extension Bungle Bungle - Please ask for details
After a leisurely morning we fly home via Melbourne to Auckland.
Saturday 22 – Tuesday 25
This morning fly direct from Broome to Perth for a three-night stay. Relax and enjoy the region at your leisure. Why not explore the famous port of Fremantle, take a walk in Kings Park or enjoy the retail shops in downtown Perth.
Fly home from Perth to Auckland.
Price per person
Twin share TBC
• QANTAS economy flights Auckland – Melbourne - Darwin // Broome -
Melbourne – Auckland
• Three night’s accommodation in Darwin
• Darwin City Sights Tour
• Darwin Sunset Dinner Cruise
• Litchfield National Park Tour
• 10 nights onboard the Heritage
Adventurer in a stateroom of your choice
• All meals onboard the Heritage Adventurer
• Drinks with lunch and dinner onboard – house wine, beer & soft drinks
• All shore excursions and Zodiac Cruises
• Onboard lecturers by noted naturalists
• The services of the experienced onboard expedition crew
• One night in Broome
• Half Day Broome Tour
• Farewell Dinner in Broome
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 15 persons travelling
|ESTIMATED Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Superior Deck 5||$16,655||$20,404|
|Superior Deck 4||$15,997||N/A|
|Main Deck Single||N/A||$18,555|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx. $300)
• Suggested gratuities $US10 per person per day
• Onboard laundry available
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $3,500 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 31 March 2023
• From the date of booking to 31 March 2023– loss of deposit
• After 31 March 2023 – no refund
• Travel insurance is essential. Do not leave home without it – please ask for a quote.
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders
• All other passport holders – please ask
• International Vaccine passport
• Australian Travel Declaration
• New Zealand Travel Declaration
• USD on board the Heritage Adventurer
Daytime – comfortable touring clothes, good walking shoes. Evening – smart casual
Temperatures Max Min
Darwin 31 ˚c 19 ˚c
Broome 29 ˚c 14 ˚c
A good standard of fitness is required for this tour. The ability to step into and out of the zodiac craft will enhance your expedition experience.
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• If New Zealand and or Australian Borders are closed as a result of Government imposed restrictions and/or, quarantine / self isolation travel restrictions are imposed on New Zealanders returning home from overseas, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• These are not limited to but includes any cancellation or amendment fees or border quarantine fees imposed.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days.
All travellers must currently be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card. We will adhere to all Government, travel/
tour supplier and airline rules and regulations.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change