BECOME TOTALLY ABSORBED IN THE REMOTENESS AND BEAUTY OF FIORDLAND ON THIS ADVENTURE ON BOARD
THE LUXURIOUS ‘HERITAGE EXPLORER.’
Enjoy exploring coves, islands, beaches and bush with names hitherto unknown with opportunities to walk, kayak and throw out a casual fishing
line or use the latest in fishing technology. Spend the first night in Te Anau, before we travel via Lake Manapouri to Deep Cove. For the next 6 days you will be surrounded by the rugged beauty and wildlife of this untouched corner of New Zealand. The surrounding Fiords are havens
for marine and bird life and the opportunity to step ashore and explore the remains of early settlements are numerous. The journey concludes in the
Milford Sounds before we transfer to Te Anau for our overnight before returning to Queenstown and a flight home. Option to extend your stay in
Queenstown are available.
Depart Auckland on a morning flight direct to Queenstown. Transfer by coach to the lakeside town of Te Anau for an overnight stay. Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast Coach to Lake Manapouri then cruise across the lake where a coach will meet you travel over Wilmot Pass to Deep Cove. Embark on the ‘Heritage Explorer’ at Deep Cove.
• Doubtful Sound Spanning some staggering 40-kilometres and holding the title as New Zealand’s deepest fiord.
• Charles & Caswell Sound One of the southern-most of the northern fiords, Charles Sound, branches into Emelius and Gold Arms at its head with Gold Arm being
home to one of the most extensive marine reserves in the inner fiords. Another rarely explored fiord, Caswell Sound is home to the last physical remains of the 1949 New Zealand–American Fiordland scientific expedition.
• George Sound George Sound is the longest of the Northern Fiords and with several arms branching from the fiord.
•Milford Sound We enter the magnificent Milford Sound this afternoon and enjoy a leisurely final cruise of this unforgettable location. Enjoy your final night aboard in
the protected waters beneath the towering peaks of Milford Sound and revel in the sensational scenery as you celebrate this unforgettable adventure with a farewell
After a final breakfast and farewells, head ashore where a transfer to Te Anau, via the historic Homer Tunnel and the lowland beech forests and golden tussocks of
scenic Eglinton Valley, awaits. In case of unexpected delays, we ask you not to book any onward travel from Te Anau until after 3pm this afternoon
After breakfast coach to Queenstown airport for your early afternoon flight to Auckland or extend your stay in Queenstown
All timings and the itinerary is subject to weather conditions and subject to change
•Return flights from Auckland to Queenstown (Other centres on request)
•Return coach transfers Queenstown to Te Anau
•Two nights’ accommodation in Te Anau including breakfast and dinner
•Transfers as specified
•Return ferry shuttle across Lake Manapouri
•Five nights’ accommodation on board the ‘Heritage Explorer’
•All meals and tea and coffee while on board Heritage Explorer
•House drinks onboard
•Landings and guided walks
•Visits to historic sites and abandoned settlements
•Tender craft and kayaks for exploring the coastline
•Helicopter flight from Preservation Inlet to Te Anau.
•Expedition Leader onboard
• Pukekohe Travel escort subject to 15 passengers travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Buller’s Stateroom (Bunk)||$5,689||$7,900|
|Wandering Stateroom (Single)||N/A||$7,275|
*This is a cash / direct debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
Travel Insurance –Please ask us for a quote
• Items of a personal nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 24 June 2022
• Bookings made after 24 June 2022 will require full payment
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 24 June 2022 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a per person basis
• If the tour is cancelled due to covid 19 Government travel restrictions and a refund is available, Pukekohe travel reserves the right in addition
to any supplier imposed fees, to charge a service and administrative
fee of $350 per person.
We strongly advise all participants take out suitable travel Insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for a quote.
• Please note there is NO cell phone coverage during the cruise
• It is required that you bring hiking boots or gumboots which are ideal for stomping around the beaches and bush
• Slippers / house shoes are ideal on-board
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required, as climbing on and off the various boats and the helicopter can be demanding. Also walking on shore is in gumboots or hiking boots and on muddy tracks.
The ‘Heritage Explorer’
The state-of-the-art technology provides a comfortable expedition ship with high performance dual Scania 653 horsepower engines capable of 10 knots, bow thrusters, fin stabilisers, full air-conditioning, sound attenuated twin generators and a hydraulic aft ramp, while a comprehensive navigation package ensures the
ultimate Kiwi adventure awaits all guests.
Vessel Type: Expedition Yacht
Expedition Staff & Crew: 5
Gross Tonnage: 76.1gt
Engine: 653 horsepower
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
• All travellers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination. It is
important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change