The ‘M.V. Fiji Princess’ Experience
The M.V. Fiji Princess will be your home away from home for the duration of your cruise, except you’ll wake up in a different stunning location each morning and with 70 years’ experience cruising the islands of fiji, we know all the best places to take you! Who better to show you their home thans the fijians themselves so we pride ourselves on having an all-fijian crew and with a high crew member-to-guest ratio, so you know you will be well looked after.
• Measuring 179 feet (55 metres), she can access bays and islands that would be impossible to reach in a larger ship – we can get so close to
shore that we can tie off to a coconut tree and you can swim to the beach. With a maximum of 68 passengers and up to 30 Fijian crew, you know you will be well looked after with true Fijian hospitality
• Due to our small number of guests, no matter which beach or island we visit, you won’t be overwhelmed by crowds. Most of the time, our guests are the only people on the beach!
• You only need to unpack once and then let your floating hotel take you from idyllic place to idyllic experience – everyday somewhere and something different
• Visit traditional Fijian villages, swim in crystal-clear lagoons and gaze out on tropical vistas you thought only existed in movies
• If conditions are rough due to winds and swells, it’s easy for us to alter our itinerary to cruise on the sheltered side of the islands
• See the dramatic changes in landscape, right from the little palm-covered Mamanucas, to the rugged, majestic southern Yasawa Islands to the vivid Blue Lagoon,
framed by picture-perfect beaches
• Visit a remote Yasawa Island village and be part of a traditional kava ceremony, enjoy a meke performance and browse the village market.
• Socialise with Yasawan locals over a traditional feast cooked and enjoyed in their village
• Be carried away to paradise with a full day relaxing at our private beach on Nanuya Lailai Island
• Sit down to a dinner you’ll never forget; dine on a delicious Fijian ‘lovo’ feast on our private beach under the stars
• Take a guided walk across an island to one of the South Pacific’s most remote cafes, ‘Lo’s Tea Shop’
• Learn the Fijian arts of basket weaving, wood carving and learn to cook traditional dishes.
• Get friendly with the local reef fish when you participate in fish feeding or really get to know some of the bigger the reef ‘locals’ when you swim with sharks or manta
Depart Auckland to Nadi. Transfer to the Denaruru Port and board the M.V. Fiji Princess. Set sail for the outer Mamanuca Islands with the first overnight anchorage being the picturesque Modriki Island. Tonight enjoy a la carte Captains Welcome Dinner and be entertained by the musical crew.
There is time to step ashore and enjoy a swim this morning, aswell as an opportunity to swim with the sharks at a
secret reef location enroute to our next location. After lunch visit the chiefly village of Soso - an exceptional example of a current day Fijian Island Village. Enjoy a traditional Thali dinner.
Sunday is a day of rest in Fiji. After breakfast attend a village church service. We cruise south to the beautiful Naukacucu
and Narara Islands as you enjoy a traditional Sunday roast. Join the Chef for today’s Fijian cooking lesson and make the traditional dish ‘Kokoda’. Tonight enjoy a range of Fijian dishes followed by Bingo ‘Fiji Style’.
Sacred Isles, you’ll be sure you are lost in paradise. The backdrop of the neighboring waya Lailai volcanic formations is breathtaking. Spend the remainder of the
day swimming, snorkeling relaxing. Fiji style high tea is served following a cooking lesson on how to make “Roti in Lolo’ Enjoy another Captains dinner tonight welcoming the new 4 day cruise guests onboard.
Today we sail for Blue Lagoon - this superb stretch of water is ringed by island and Blue Lagoon Cruises’ very own private island peninsula is located here. The ship
positions right up to the beach and is tied off to the coconut trees. Enjoy happy hour on shore with canapes. Followed by a traditional Lovo meal cooked underground. There will be Fijian meke; singing, dancing and story telling by local villagers.
An easy guided walk with panoramic views is offered this morning to visit an island style cake shop and browse the shell market. Laze in the sun or try your hand at basket weaving. A guided snorkeling safari is on offer today. Lunch is served onboard as we cruise north for a private guided visit to the amazing Sawa-I-Lau
caves. The village of Tamasua welcomes us to a Yoqona ceremony- a walk and ‘feast’ prepared by local village women. You will share in the villagers culture tonight, sitting on mats and eating Fijian village food.
Cruise to Drawasqa Island where our Marine Biologist joins us for a presentation about the local marine life and the volunteer conservation work carried out in the area. On offer today is an excursion to the local island school to view the work of the Vinaka
Fiji Volunteers. Dinner this evening is a barbecue served under the stars.
Cruise Enjoy breakfast onboard as we cruise back to Port Denararu - before being serenaded with a traditional farewell long. We will transfer back to Nadi ariport for your return flight back to Auckland.
Extend your stay in Fiji after the cruise 3 night extension at the Hilton Fiji Beach resort in a beachfront guest room $525 per person on a share twin basis.
•Return flights from Auckland to Nadi
(Other centres on request)
•Return transfers from airport to ship.
• 7 nights onboard M.V Fiji Princess in an air conditioned cabin of your choice
• Meals as specified
• Taxes and charges on tickets
• Mini bar stocked only on day of departure with a selection of premium beer, soft drinks, French Sparkling wine
• Blue Lagoon Cruises Tote Bag and reusable metal water bottle
• Captains Welcome Dinner – twice!
• Snorkeling gear, Kayaks and stand up paddle boards
• Entertainment, BBQ under the stars, beautiful beaches and so much more
• Pukekohe Travel esocrt subject to 15 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Hibiscus Stateroom (approx 11sqm)||$ 4,699||$ 6,689|
|Orchid Stateroom (approx 13sqm)||$ 4,973||$ 7,243|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Travel Insurance –Please ask us for a quote
• Items of a personal nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 19 May 2022
• Bookings made after 19 May 2022 will require full payment
Deposit – non refundable
• After 19 May 2022 – no refund
M.V. Fiji Princess has 34 air-conditioned cabins accommodating up to 68 guests.
• A complimentary mini-bar stocked on the day of departure only with a selection of premium beer, soft drinks, French sparkling wine, Fijian chocolate, and snacks (Note: alcoholic beverages can be exchanged for non-alcoholic options if requested at the time of booking).
• Gifts of a Blue Lagoon Cruises tote bag per cabin and a reusable metal water bottle and sulu (sarong) for each person
The excellent onboard facilities include:
• Open-air dining room, lounge and bar
• Open-air sky deck with bar
• Splash pool
• Onboard Spa
• Snorkelling gear, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards
• Free Wi-Fi in public spaces (where coverage allows)
• Self-service guest laundry
• Onboard books and games
• Filtered drinking water stations throughout the ship (M.V. Fiji Princess is single-use plastic-free)
• Complimentary 24-hour barista tea/coffee (we have 2 great machines available onboard)
• Onboard glass crusher enables us to recycle glass at sea
This cruise is based on the itinerary detailed in this brochure but to ensure you have the best possible cruise experience, we use ‘flexible cruising’. What this means is that we’re prepared to alter our itineraries, either when necessary, or when some exciting opportunity arises. For example, if there is some special event taking part in a local Yasawa Village, which you really should see, then we will alter our cruise route to take you there. . Cruising through a region of coral lagoons and isolated island anchorages is weather dependent and so, at times, our itineraries may need to be altered. However we’ll always endeavor to ensure all of the
highlights of each cruise are enjoyed by our guests.
• The dress code is casual and informal, even at dinner. We encourage our guests to wear what they feel comfortable in and to leave their dinner jackets and high heels at home. For those wanting to visit villages for cultural reasons, we do ask that men wear a sulu (provided in your cabin) and women dress modestly with shoulders and knees covered.
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
• All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health International Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination.
Covid-19 Tour Disruption
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed
amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $350 per person.
• If self-isolation restrictions are imposed by the Ministry of Health whilst on tour, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days.
We strongly advise all participants take out suitable travel Insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for a quote.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change