Health & Fitness
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required with the ability to walk for 10 minutes over various terrains without rest stops
All meals are provided – continental breakfast, picnic lunches and dinner at the hotel, BBQ at Admiral Farm, seafood buffet at either Kaingaroa or the hotel
Fish to Buy
Fish can be bought from the island Fish Factory (subject to availability)
- Casual clothing is recommended. The climate is temperate although exposed, so layers are recommended along with a warm water-proof jacket. Be prepared forfour seasons in one day!
- Comfortable walking shoes are adequate for the daily walks / sightseeing
- Sunscreen and insect repellent are recommended
- Mobile phones have no reception
- EFTPOS and credit card facilities are available at the Hotel, Bank and the General Store. Cash is also available from the hotel
- Internet is available at the Hotel (additional cost)
- There is a four-bed hospital on the island and a resident doctor on duty. You are covered by the NZ Health system
- Baggage allowance is 23kg + 5kg hand luggage. Excess charges will apply
- There is NO public transport on the island
- All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination
Covid-19 Tour Disruption
- • If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $350per person.
• If self isolation restrictions are imposed by the Ministry of Health whilst on tour, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most cost-effective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days.