What better location to enjoy a mid-winter celebration than in the alpine surroundings of Mount Cook.
Our fourth tour to this beautiful destination. Including two nights at the Hermitage Hotel at Mount Cook, situated at the head of Lake Pukaki - a major highlight.
Previous group’s experienced beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies.
Meander by coach through South Canterbury plains and the McKenzie countryside to Mount Cook.
Enjoy two nights in the pristine alpine surroundings with several exciting optional activities and a sumptuous Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner.
Travelling down the Waitaki Valley past Benmore Dam and Lake Aviemore to the North Otago city of Oamaru will be a first for many. Before returning to Dunedin and fly home the same day.
Depart mid-morning from Auckland on Air New Zealand to arrive Christchurch at midday. This afternoon enjoy walking tour of rebuilt Christchurch, with the balance of the day free. Welcome Dinner tonight.
After breakfast we travel across the Canterbury plains to Geraldine for a refreshment stop and explore as Geraldine has much to offer
Onto Fairlie and into the Mountain setting around Tekapo and drive along the shore of Lake Pukaki with the Ben Ohau ranges on the other side. Arrive at Mount Cook and the Hermitage.
Time to orientate yourself before dinner.
A day to participate in optional activities and / or simply enjoy the area at your leisure.
Tonight’s highlight will be a sumptuous Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner served in traditional winter surroundings.
After breakfast, leave the national park for our scenic journey down the Waitaki Valley passing through Omarama, the gliding capital of New Zealand, Benmore Dam, Kurow
and onto Duntroon. Here we visit the Vanished World Fossil Centre, part of the Waitaki Geo Park before travelling cross country to Oamaru for an overnight stay.
The Blue Penguins can be seen in small numbers at about 5.30pm (optional)
Dinner is at the hotel tonight.
After breakfast meet our local guide who will board our coach to accompany us to the lookout at Cape Wanbrow. Return to the Historic Precinct for a walking tour to see the Victorian architecture. Also see the now famous Steampunk HQ. On departing Oamaru, journey through rolling farmland to Moeraki to see the Boulders and a lunch stop (own expense) Continue onto Dunedin for an overnight stay The farewell dinner is at the hotel.
After breakfast visit Olveston House, a step back in time to a wealthy merchant’s home and lifestyle of the early 20th century. Lunch is at St Clair’s beach before arriving at the airport for your flight to Auckland.
Flights can be arranged from any other New Zealand airport and the tour is available as a land-only option (Christchurch to Dunedin).
• Return economy flights Auckland – Christchurch // Dunedin – Auckland
• Five nights hotel accommodation (Christchurch – Mt Cook – Oamaru - Dunedin)
• Meals as specified
• Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner at Mt Cook Hermitage Hotel private room
• Explorer Pass to the Sir Edmond Hillary Alpine Centre at Mount Cook
• Entrance to Vanished World - Duntroon
• Guided tour of Oamaru
• Entrance to Olveston House Dunedin
• Comfortable air-conditioned coaches with panoramic windows
• All transfers as specified
• Pukekohe Travel Escort subject to minimum numbers
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Land Only (CHCH - DUD)||P.O.A|
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person will secure a place on the tour.
• FULL PAYMENT is due no later than 01 June 2021
• Bookings made after 01 June 2021 will require full payment.
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 01 June 2021 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
• No refund can be made once tour is underway.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote.
• At times, entering and exiting the coach can be very demanding for those with limited mobility.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile with the ability to comfortably walk 400 metres
• Mobility frames or scooters are not practical or permitted
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change