Let us carry your bag for you while you walk through the heart of Abel Tasman park into the wild northern section on the path less travelled. This guided package includes accommodation at 4 star Lodges Awaroa and Ratanui accompanied by experience guide throughout.
Midday flight with Air New Zealand to Nelson. On arrival you will be transferred
to your overnight accommodation. Afternoon at leisure before a welcome
dinner at the hotel.
Approx 6 hours – 17.50 kms You will be transferred from your hotel
early this morning and transferred to Marahau. Catch the water taxi to Torrent
Bay to begin your walk. Head up and over the iconic Falls River Swing Bridge
to Bark Bay. From this lovely bay the track heads up a large ascent before
making your way back to sea level at Tonga Quarry then Onetahuti Beach.
Walk along the crescent shaped Onetahuti Beach followed by the last
saddle to Awaroa Lodge. Enjoy a rejuventating shower before
dinner in the lodge. *you have the option of halving the walking distance on this day by catching a water taxi to Bark Bay rather than Torrent Bay and walk 3.5 hours to
loop track of 1 hour (optional) Begin with a wide tidal crossing about
20 minutes for Awaroa Lodge. Then it is into some wonderful podocarp
forest before bursting out of the golden sand of Waiharakeke Bay and Goat
Bay before the ascent over the poplar camping sport of Totaranui. Meet your
land shuttle to the highly-rated Ratanui Lodge. Enjoy time at the lodge, stroll along the beach or relax in the spa pool. Bicycles are also available.
Approx 5 hours 15.5 kms After breakfast, a short shuttle to Wainui carpark takes you to the last section of the walk. From Wainui you will be on the less travelled section of the track. The views as you climb up into the native forest are stunning. Walk over
to Whariwharangi then have the option of walking the Separation Point Loop
track before heading on to Mutton Cove and Anapai beach before arriving at
Totaranui. Take the Aqua Taxi and coach back to Nelson for your overnight stay.
Morning at leisure to perhaps visit the markets before your return flight early
• Return flight Auckland to Nelson on Air New Zealand (as for other airports)
• Return airport transfers Nelson
• Transport Nelson to Marahau return
• All luggage transfers while on the walk – you carry just a daypack with your lunch etc
• Water taxi transfers from Marahau to Torrent Bay and
Motaranui to Marahau
• Land shuttle from Totaranui to Ratanui Lodge and Ratanui
Lodget to Wainui Carpark
• 3 packed lunches plus fresh brewed tea or coffee
• All meals as indicated (excluding alcohol)
• The services of a well-informed interpretive guide
• Foot towels (for drying feed after tidal crossing)
• Full briefing from of the Abel Tasman guides
• 2 nights Nelson (pre and post walk)
• Pukekohe Travel escort *subject to 10 person traveling
• Max group size 16 persons
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash / Direct Debit price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance
• A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment by 14 February 2022
• Deposit is non-refundable
• After full payment – no refund is available
• If this tour is canceled due to Covid19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of
$150 per person.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Walking tours are an important part of the itinerary and a good standard of health is required with the ability to walk on uneven surfaces and negotiate stairs
• All travellers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination. It is
important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change