Spend six nights on board ‘Milford Wanderer’ cruising from Deep Cove in Doubtful Sound to Preservation Inlet in the remote Fiordland area.
A highlight will be the spectacular helicopter ride from Preservation Inlet to the West Arm of Manapouri where viewing the whole area from above will be something special.
Visit Breaksea Sound, Dusky Sound, Chalky Inlet before arriving in Preservation Inlet.
As you explore coves, islands, beaches and bush, the stillness and beauty of the whole area will have you captivated.
History abounds as you go ashore, see early European settlements, an old whale station and Captain Cook’s inaugural landing spots.
Enjoy anchoring up at night with the camaraderie of your group in the peace and tranquillity of a World Heritage site.
Depart Auckland on a morning flight direct to Queenstown. Transfer by coach to the lakeside town of Te Anau for an overnight stay. Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast transfer to Manapouri, cruise across the lake and coach over Wilmot Pass to Deep Cove. Board the ‘Milford Wanderer’ and cruise out of Doubtful Sound and along the coastline to Breaksea. Time to relax and enjoy a sumptuous dinner on board your home for the next six nights.
Cruise through Acheron Passage to Dusky Sound and visit the Shag Islands and Sportsman Cove and in the afternoon visit Luncheon Cove, the site of New Zealand’s first European and sealers settlements. Optional walk available.
Begin with a visit to early conservationist Richard Henry’s house on Pigeon Island. Cruise Facile Harbour, site of New Zealand’s first-known European ship wreck. Cruise through the narrow channels of Resolution Island with the opportunity for kayaking or walking.
Visit Pickersgill Harbour and Astronomers Pt – named and used by Captain Cook in 1773. A three-hour sea passage takes us to Chalky Inlet for a beach walk in the solitude of South Port and a visit to an old sawmill site. Anchor at North Port for the night.
A day to explore the historic area including Tarawera smelter, the site of New Zealand’s first operational whaling station and the golden beaches of Spit Island.
• Return flights from Auckland to Queenstown (Other centres on request)
• Return coach transfers Queenstown to Te Anau
• Two nights’ accommodation in Te Anau
• Transfers as outlined
• Return ferry shuttle across Lake Manapouri
• Six nights’ accommodation on board the ‘Milford Wanderer’
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners as outlined
• Specialist nature guide while on-board ‘Milford Wanderer’
• Landings and guided walks
• Visits to historic sites and abandoned settlements
• Tender craft and kayaks for exploring the coastline
• Helicopter flight from Weka / Long Island to Manapouri West Arm
• Tour of Manapouri Power Station at conclusion of the tour
(per-person, twin share)
From Auckland $3,899
One night – Airport hotel pre-tour $75
*This is a cheque / cash price.
* Credit cards incur a 2% fee
• Travel Insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 02 March 2018
• Bookings made after 02 March 2018 will require full payment
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 02 March 2018 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a perperson basis
• No refund can be made once tour is under way
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change