Traversing the Alps bedecked in its winter cloak does have its own magic. This trip offers the opportunity to experience it twofold. Of the three major passes, the two most travelled are Lewis and Arthurs and these have been included.To provide a differing experience and for variation one will be by road the other by rail.The Tranzalpine train journey in itself is a highlight. Two nights in the Mountain village of Hanmer Springs is a chance to bathe in the hot pools.As one visitor to our shores once remarked after a visit to the region, “The South Island is like Scotland on steroids”.
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand. On arrival Christchurch, transfer to your central hotel. This afternoon, meet your guide for a walking tour of central Christchurch. A welcome dinner is included tonight.
After breakfast, depart Christchurch and head north to the Waipara district for a winery lunch. Continue onto Hamner Springs for a two night stay.
Today is yours to soak in the hot pools, walk, shop or hire a bike!
This morning board the coach for the Lewis Pass. Enroute a stop for a short walk in a beech forest and an Alpine wetland. Arrive in Reefton in time for lunch. Travel onto Greymouth with time to enjoy this West Coast town. Dinner is included tonight.
Option One: Transfer to Shanty Town Heritage Park –Recreated 19th-century mining town offering steam train rides, gold panning & historic re-enactments. Includes steam train ride and gold panning and lunch
Option Two: Transfer to Tree Tops Walk, Hokitika. An exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rainforest giants.
Experience life with the birds, high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy. Easy access for all to enjoy along a steel platform 20 metres high and over 450 metres long. Lunch included. Early afternoon board the world famous Tranzalpine train. On arrival transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay. A farewell dinner
is included at the hotel.
Transfer back to the airport for your morning flight home this morning.
Return seat and bag flights Auckland –Christchurch with Air
New Zealand *ask about other destinations
• Daily breakfast
• Winery lunch
• Meals as indicated
• Five nights’ accommodation
• Tranzalpine Greymouth – Christchurch
• Enterance fee to Shanty Town or Tree Tops Forrest Walk
• Pukekohe Travel escort *subject minimum 15 persons
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required to secure
your place on the tour.
Full payment is due not later than 06 May 2022
Bookings made after 06 May 2022 – full payment at time of booking
• Deposit – non-refundable
• Full payment – non-refundable
• All cancellations are on a per person basis
• No refund can be made one the tour is underway.
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $350 per person
• We strongly recommend participants to take out suitable insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for quote.
• All travellers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination.
It is important that the date of vaccination of your final dose is at least 14 days before the tour departure date.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be able to walk comfortably for at least 500 metres.
Walking frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
This years tour stays at two recently reopened and renovated hotels, the Hamner
Springs Hotel (formally heritage) and the Copthorne in Greymouth, formally the
Kingsate. These are two premium properties.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change