Traversing the Alps bedecked in its winter cloak does have its own magic. This trip offers the opportunity to experience it twofold. Of the three major passes, the two most travelled are Lewis and Arthurs and these have been included.To provide a differing experience and for variation one will be by road the other by rail.The Tranzalpine train journey in itself is a highlight. Two nights in the Mountain village of Hanmer Springs is a chance to bathe in the hot pools.As one visitor to our shores once remarked after a visit to the region, “The South Island is like Scotland on steroids”.
Depart Auckland on Air New Zealand. Arrive Christchurch, transfer to your central hotel. This afternoon, meet your guide for a walking tour of central Christchurch. Welcome dinner is included tonight
This morning board the world famous Tranzalpine train arriving Greymouth early afternoon – morning tea and lunch included onboard.
Free time to explore this west coast down before we head north to Reefton for a walking tour of this historic town. Break for lunch (own expense) before travelling through the Lewis Pass to Hanmer Springs for a two night stay.
Today is yours to soak in the hot pools, walk, shop or hire a bike.
Head south into the Waipara district for an early winery lunch before we continue to Christchurch for a late afternoon flight to Auckland.
• Return seat and bag flights Auckland – Christchurch with Air New Zealand
• Daily breakfast
• Four dinners
• Four nights’ accommodation
• Tranzalpine Christchurch to Greymouth
• Morning tea and lunch on the Tranzalpine Train
• Walking tour of Christchurch
• Walking tour of Reefton
• Winery lunch
• Pukekohe Travel escort *subject minimum 15 persons
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
* This is a cash price. Credit cards incur a 1.5% fee. *Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required to secure your place on the tour.
• Full payment is due not later than 21 June 2024
• Bookings made after 21 June 2024 – full payment at time of booking
• Deposit – non-refundable
• Full payment – non-refundable
• We strongly recommend participants to take out suitable insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask for quote.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be able to walk comfortably for at least 500 metres.
Walking frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted.
We except you will arrive on tour fit, healthy and ready to travel.
• For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change