Taranaki is one of our popular New Zealand tour destinations and our tenth venture to the region gives you the opportunity to enjoy this new experience.
Arrive in Palmerston North on the ‘Northern Explorer’ for two nights before travelling from Palmerston North to New Plymouth, visiting the Tawhiti Museum in Hawera along the way.
Spend time in New Plymouth where New Zealand’s own Mt Fuji – Mt Taranaki or Mt Egmont sits out to the east, travel around ‘The Mountain’, before our journey to the Republic of Whangamomona and along the Forgotten Highway to the iconic Chateau for a special night before returning to Auckland on the ‘Northern Explorer.’
Begin in Auckland or from other regular stations on the main truck line on the ‘Northern Explorer’ with lunch, morning and afternoon tea on the train.
Arrive Palmerston North mid-afternoon for a two-night stay. A welcome dinner at the hotel tonight.
After breakfast we travel on to Massey University for a tour and morning tea. Later visit a local wind farm enroute to Mangatainoka for a visit to Tui Breweries which includes lunch. Return to your hotel late afternoon.
Travel by coach through Whanganui, Waverley and Patea to the renowned Tawhiti Museum in Hawera - a NZ must do! There are themed galleries of shipping, farming, railways and more. Arrive in New Plymouth for a three night stay.
A full day coach tour of the Taranaki Region includes
• The Possum Factory with the opportunity to purchase the high-quality products.
• Lunch at the Mountain House.
• Pioneer Village
• Historical Lighthouse & Museum
• Return to the hotel for dinner.
A day to choose your own activities – Pukekura Park, shopping or relax. Dinner at the hotel.
A special day as we coach to the Republic of Whangamomona for lunch, before continuing along the Great Forgotten Highway to Taumarunui. Drive alongside the Raurimu Spiral to National Park and the Chateau Tongariro for a one night stay. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast, an optional trip up the Mountain (weather permitting) for spectacular views or a coffee at the café. Return to the hotel and coach to the National Park Station for the train home - arriving in Auckland early evening. Lunch on the train.
• Travel on the Northern Explorer train
• Six nights in comfortable accommodation
• Daily cooked breakfasts, four lunches and six dinners
• Morning, afternoon teas & lunches served on the train as specified
• Visit to Tui Breweries and Tawhiti Museum
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• Entrance fees where applicable
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour.
• Full Payment is due no later than 29 October 2021.
• Bookings made after 29 October 2021 must be paid in full at time of booking.
• Deposit – non-refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
•After 29 October 2021 – no refund
• If the tour is cancelled due to covid 19 Government travel restrictions and a refund is available, Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $150 per person.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change