This three-night weekend special. Enjoy the relaxing comforts of the ‘Northern Explorer’ as you travel through the Waikato farming hinterland and on through the rugged King Country. One of the features is the famous Raurimu Spiral where the train climbs up to the Central Plateau before arriving at National Park and enjoy three nights at the Chateau. Tour escorted by Romi Patel - with the option of doing the Tongariro crossing* Ask for more information.
This morning we board the Northern Explorer train in Auckland with regualr stations along the main truck line to National Park. Transfer to the Chateau Tongairio Hotel for our three night stay, before our buffet dinner tonight.
Enjoy the facilities at the Chateau Tongariro and the surrounding scenery. Perhaps take a trip up the mountain or enjoy one of the many short walks nearby or relax.
Todays your chance to fit in the optionals you didnt get to explore yesterday!
Enjoy your last morning at the Chateau before a late checkout to board the train at National Park for the return journey home - arriving into Auckland early evening.
• Return Northern Explorer Train
• Three nights Chateau Tongariro
• Cooked breakfast daily
• Lunch on the train day 1
• Dinner each evening at Chateau Tongairo
•Pukekohe Travel Tour Escort
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Cancellation Insurance – please ask us for a quote
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 will secure a place on this tour
• Full payment is due no later than 15 January 2021
• Deposit non-refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis
• After 15 January 2021– no refund
• No refund after commencement of tour
• A reasonable standard of fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile. At times entering and exiting the train/rail-carts can be demanding for those with limited mobility.
• Mobility frames are not practical or permitted.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change