What better Location to enjoy a Midwinter celebration Than in the Alpine Surroundings of Mount Cook.
Our fifth tour to this beautiful destination. Including two nights at the Hermitage Hotel at Mount Cook, situated at the head of Lake Pukaki - a major highlight. Enjoy two nights in this pristine alpine environment with several exciting optional activities and a sumptuous Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner. Last year’s group woke to fresh snow and a winter wonderland – no guarantee’s – but a memory to last a life time if nature provides. The journey down the Waitaki Valley past Benmore Dam and Lake Aviemore to the Otago city of Dunedin will be a first for many. We include lunch and a guided tour of Larnach Castle in Dunedin with free time to explore and fly home the next day.
Depart mid-morning from Auckland on Air New Zealand to arrive Christchurch at midday. This afternoon enjoy a walking tour of rebuilt Christchurch, with the balance of the day free. Welcome Dinner tonight.
After breakfast we travel across the Canterbury plains to Geraldine for a refreshment stop and time to explore as Geraldine has much to offer. Onto Fairlie and into the Mountain setting around Tekapo and drive along the shore of Lake Pukaki with the Ben Ohau ranges on the other side. Arrive at Mount Cook and
the Hermitage. Time to orientate yourself before dinner.
A day to participate in optional activities and / or simply enjoy the area at your leisure. Tonight’s highlight will be a sumptuous Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner served in traditional winter surroundings.
Where science meets entertainment for an unrivalled 360 degree cinematic experience in New Zealand’s first full dome, digital Planetarium. Leave Earth, fly to the
edge of our galaxy and far beyond to the reaches of our known universe. You will be given an introduction and orientation in the Planetarium, a guided tour through our solar system and beyond.
Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
Your Explorer pass will enable you to visit the centre which features a 3D movie theatre, planetarium and museum – valid for the duration of your stay. You’ll find the museum showcasing the history of the Mount Cook region through transport, climbing, and pioneer extraordinaire, Sir Edmund Hillary himself.
Mt Cook Day Walks
For the more energetic, walks are available, taking in some of the breath-taking views of the mountains and valleys. The Hooker Valley walk is the best.
After breakfast, leave the national park for our scenic journey down the Waitaki Valley passing through Omarama, the gliding capital of New Zealand, Benmore Dam, Kurow and onto Duntroon. We continue along the coastline to Dunedin.
This morning enjoy a sightseeing tour of the ‘Edinburgh of the South’ including Signal Hill, the world’s steepest street, Botanical Gardens, University and the Forsyth Barr sports stadium. We then continue to the spectacular Larnach Castle for lunch and a guided tour.
After breakfast visit Olveston House, a step back in time to a wealthy merchant’s home and lifestyle of the early 20th century. Free time for lunch before we fly home this afternoon.
Return economy flights Auckland – Christchurch // Dunedin – Auckland (seat and bag )
• Five nights 4 star hotel accommodation (Christchurch – Mt Cook – Dunedin)
• Daily cooked breakfast
• Five dinners and one lunch included
• Mid-Winter Christmas Dinner at Mt Cook Hermitage
• Larnach Castle lunch and guided tour included
• Explorer Pass to the Sir Edmond Hillary Alpine Centre at Mount Cook
• Guided walking tour of Christchurch CBD
• Olveston House entry and guided tour
• Comfortable air-conditioned coaches with panoramic windows
• All transfers as specified
• Pukekohe Travel Escort subject to minimum numbers
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person will secure a place on the tour.
• FULL PAYMENT is due no later than 10 June 2022
• Bookings made after 10 June 2022 will require full payment.
• Deposit – non refundable
• After 10 June 2022 – no refund
• All cancellation charges are on a perperson basis.
• No refund can be made once tour is underway.
We strongly advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. Please ask us for a quote
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or ask our tour consultant for a copy
• At times, entering and exiting the coach can be very demanding for those with limited mobility.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a good standard of fitness is required and clients should be independently mobile with the ability to comfortably walk 400 metres
• Mobility frames or scooters are not practical or permitted
All travelers must be fully vaccinated and be able to provide a copy of the Ministry of Health Vaccine Record Card with proof of your full Covid-19 vaccination.
Covid-19 Tour Disruption
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $300 per person.
• If self-isolation requirements are imposed by the Ministry of Health whilst on tour, Pukekohe Travel accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible to ensure any additional travel arrangements required are made with the minimal amount of disruption and in the most costeffective manner.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 14 days.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change