With more than a third of the island encompassing reserves, National Parks and World Heritage sites, Tasmania’s unspoilt natural beauty and clean beaches will leave you wanting more.
Known as the ‘Apple Isle,’ highlights include Wineglass Bay in Freycinet National Park, the former infamous penal colony of Port Arthur, a wilderness train trip, a river cruise, captivating history and friendly down-to-earth people. Learn about the rich Georgian and Victorian colonial history, see wealthy graziers’ grand homesteads, sample local delicacies and enjoy very comfortable and unique accommodation.
The capital Hobart, finish for the Sydney to Hobart yacht race, is a modern city with the arts, food and entertainment and the famous Salamanca Market, while Launceston in the northern Tamar Valley is Australia’s oldest provincial centre. Visit Strahan, a pioneering port town, Stanley with its striking volcanic rock formation known as ‘The Nut’ and the stunning 3m high sculpture known as the ‘Wall in the Wilderness,’ built to commemorate those who helped shape the past and the present.
* Return economy class flights Auckland – Melbourne
* Domestic flight Launceston - Melbourne
* Overnight ferry Melbourne - Devonport
* Air conditioned Coach
* Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
* West Coast Wilderness Railway journey
* Gordon River cruise
* Tour of Port Arthur including ferry ride
* Meals as specified
* National Park Entrance Fees; Explorer Tour Entrance Fees; Wall in the Wilderness Tour; Devonport Maritime Museum
* Transfers as specified
* Pukekohe Travel escort – subject to 20 persons travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Twin Share||Single Supplement|
|Early Booking Discount (1 December 2017 )||$100|
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount||$100|
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
Cancellations and Refunds
A good standard of health is required including mobility
NB: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors or omissions within this website without recourse.
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change