Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin are all interesting ports to spend a day when cruising from Auckland to Perth.
Continue along the Kimberley and West Australian coastline with a day in the pearling capital Broome and Geraldton, a major sea port and regional service centre on the way to Fremantle. ‘Coral Princess’ is a very comfortable 4 star cruise ship with all the bells and whistles to entertain you on your 21 night cruise. On arrival in Perth, West Australia’s showpiece, we set off on a five-night tour of the south west, including Margaret River and two nights in a Karri Forest resort. Why not join us on another of our Australian adventures.
No international airports today as we embark the Coral Princess in Auckland. Settle into your cabin before sail away late afternoon. Dinner tonight to mix and mingle with your fellow passengers.
The Bay of Islands offers more than broad vistas of sea and sky, more than beaches, boating, and fabulous water sports. Rich in legend and mystery, the Bay of Islands has age-old ties to the Maori and to whalers, missionaries and New Zealand’s early settlers.
As your ship passes Harbour Heads, you are presented with the shimmering skyline of Sydney. There is a wealth of adventure waiting in Sydney - from its cosmopolitan city centre to miles of beautiful beaches and the Blue Mountains.
The cool and casual capital of Queensland offers all the glitz and glam of a big city, without the big city airs. Located on the banks of the Brisbane River and surrounded by rolling hills, this urban oasis is certainly a great day out.
A short stop at this tiny island sitting beyond the Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea Islands Territory. Wildlife numbering into the thousands, Willis Island itself caters to many species of seabirds, including Masked, Brown and Red-footed Boobies that cry out nearly 24 hours a day.
Cairns is one of Australia’s hottest vacation estinations. Sixteen miles of superb beaches stretch to the north of the city - the famed Marlin Coast and inland lies the impressive Daintree National Park. Cairns itself basks in tropical sunshine and balmy breezes waft in from Trinity Bay. The city’s graceful, tree-lined esplanade was once the gateway to the gold fields of North Queensland.
A day in the Northern capital with the option of sightseeing tour - the perfect introduction to Darwin’s history and quirky charm. You may like to wander the parks and beaches or explore the city centre on foot.
Kuri Bay is the home to Australia’s first cultured pearl farm and is named after the company’s first principal, Tokuichi Kuribayashi.
Although its mainland has been inhabited for years, the ruggedly beautiful Kimberley Coastline remains unspoilt. With its dramatic red cliffs, reefs, islands and aquamarine waters, the Indian Ocean will be a prime way to view it all.
Broome was once known as the ‘pearling capital of the world” when Japanese, Chinese and Aboriginal divers toiled in arduous conditions to harvest the pearls. Although still a remote outpost, it has become a popular tourist destination. In the evening, enjoy a spectacular sunset – with a drink of course!!
This coastal city 425km north of Perth is a major west coast seaport and service centre for mining, fishing, wheat, sheep and tourism. The redeveloped foreshore, beaches and aboriginal Trails are major attractions as is the Farmers’ Market and the possibility of a rock lobster meal.
This morning we disembark the Coral Princess and travel south, with an inland detour that provides a good cross section of rural life. At a crossroads in the middle of nowhere is Gnomesville, a prolific collection of the legendary creatures. Continue to Donnybrook, the ‘Apple Capital’ and stone fruit orchards for lunch. We continue on to the truffle growing area and the former sawmilling town of Pemberton. Spend the next two nights at a lakeside resort in a Karri Forest.
Pemberton, set amongst rich agricultural land and Karri forests won the Top Tourism Town for populations less than 5000
Today drive and walk through the tall Karri and Jarrah (eucalyptus) trees to enjoy a 4WD experience into the coastal sand dunes and a peaceful river cruise to the ocean. Return to our lakeside accommodation.
Visit the Mammoth Caves, a large limestone cavern, where a guided tour is included. Continue to a Margaret River winery including lunch and then on to our local accommodation for two nights.
Today travel inland to the town of Nannup, the home of Cambray Cheese before returning to Margaret River for an afternoon and evening at leisure.
Today we drive north to Perth and enjoy an orientation tour in the afternoon including Kings Park, the Casino, Bell Tower and Swan River. Continue to the nearby coastal city of Fremantle with free time to enjoy this famous port city. Farewell Dinner tonight.
Free time this morning to explore the city of Perth before an evening flight home
• 21 nights aboard ‘Coral Princess’ from Auckland to Perth in a stateroom of your choice
• Private Cocktail Party on-board ‘Coral Princess’
• ‘Coral Princess’ gratuities, port taxes and fees
• Included all meals, entertainment and activities onboard Coral Princess
• Travel in comfortable airconditioned luxury coach in the Southwest corner of Western Australia
• Commentaries by your driver guide in Western Australia
• Two nights Margaret River
• Two nights Karri Resort, Pemberton
• One night’s accommodation in Perth
• Pemberton Coastal 4WD dunes experience tour and river cruise
• Mammoth Caves Guided Tour
• Margaret River Vineyard Lunch
• Cambray Cheese Tour
• Meals as specified
• All transfers on tour included
• One way economy air travel on Air New Zealand Perth - Auckland
• Pukekohe Travel escort - subject to 20 people travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
|Business Class Upgrade||T.B.C|
|Premium Economy Class Upgrade||T.B.C|
|Early Booking Discount ( 01 December 2023)||$150|
|Previous International Pukekohe Travel Tour Discount||$100|
*This is a cash price. Credit cards will incur a 1.5% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Travel Insurance is essential (please ask us for a quote)
• Airline and airport taxes (approx. $150)
• Items not specified
• A non-refundable deposit of $2000 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment is due no later than 01 May 2024
• From the date of booking to 01 May 2024 – loss of deposit
• After 01 May 2024 – no refund
• We advise all participants to take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs
• Please ask us for a quote
• A current passport is required, valid six months beyond date of travel - check
• No visa is required for New Zealand Passport holders - check
• All other passport holders – please ask
Brisbane 22˚c 12˚c
It is essential you can manage your own suitcase. A bag with wheels is an advantage when travelling through airports.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for you and others in the group, a reasonable standard of fitness and mobility is required.
Coral Princess, a mid-sized cruise ship, is known for its top quality food and service. Be sure to try the Bayou Café and Steakhouse, which features classic steakhouse cuisine, join friends for cocktails and Movies Under the Stars by the pool or try some decadent treats at the International Café.
Refurbished Jan 2019
For full terms and conditions please visit our website www.pukekohetravel.co.nz/termsandconditions or please ask our tour consultant for a copy
• If this tour is cancelled/postponed due to Covid-19 Government travel restrictions Pukekohe Travel reserves the right, in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $500 per person.
• Pukekohe Travel will assist in every way possible but accepts no liability for any additional costs incurred.
• You cannot begin or continue to travel if you have received a positive Covid-19 test in the last 7 days Travel Insurance
• Travel insurance is essential – please ask for a quote.
Please click here to download a copy of the booking form
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change