A tour of diversity in a region not offered on any regular itinerary.
Here is an itinerary that includes both regular and off the beaten track opportunities. From whale watching to a tree top native bush walkway; swimming in Hanmer’s hot pools to panning gold at Shanty Town; two different train journeys, the Coastal Pacific and the Tranz Alpine, plus a short steam train experience at Shantytown and a trip that takes you into the southern part of the Molesworth High Country Station.
Morning departure on Air New Zealand, on arrival transfer to Christchurch city centre where your hotel is located followed by a guided walking tour of the rejuvenated city. Welcome dinner this evening.
An early morning transfer to the train station where you join the Coastal Pacific and travel north to Kaikoura. Here you will meet your coach and transfer to the harbour for a Whale Watch cruise. On return to shore the minibus will take you inland to the foothill ranges of the Southern Alps for a two night stay.
After breakfast the coach will travel over Jack’s Pass to the Clarence River the southern boundary of Molesworth, New Zealands largest Station. From here you will join Top House Road which takes you to Lake Tennyson right in the heart of the Alps. After lunch there you will return for a free afternoon, the chance to take a welcome dip in the famed Hanmer hot pools.
Today is a spectacular journey on Highway 7, crossing the Alps via Lewis Pass, Springs Junction to Reefton. After a stop the journey will continue and follow the Grey River to the coast then on through Greymouth for a two night stay on the beachfront at Hokitika.
This morning’s half day tour takes you out to the West Coast Tree Top walk. An exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rainforest giants On your return the rest of the afternoon free to explore other local attractions such as the National Kiwi Centre or have leisure time.
After breakfast the coach on its way to Greymouth will detour to the preserved old goldmining village ‘Shantytown’. Included in your visit will be a 20 minute train ride, some gold panning plus time to browse before continuing on to Greymouth where there will be some free time before boarding the Tranz Alpine Express and its spectacular return across the Alps. A farewell dinner is included tonight.
There is free time this morning to browse the shops before a transfer to the airport for your return flight. 0r extend your stay.
• Airfares - Auckland-Christchurch return
(other destinations available)
• Six nights accommodation with private facilities
• Breakfast daily
• Four Dinners, Two Lunches
• Maximum 14 Passenagers
• Expert driver/guides
• All sightseeing and enterance fees as specified.
• Station access fees
• Pukekohe Travel Escort subject to 12 passengers travelling
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Items of a personal nature
• Optional cancellation insurance
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person will secure a place on this tour
• Final payment by 18 December 2020
• Final payment – non-refundable
• Deposit – non-refundable
• All cancellation charges are on a per-person basis.
• After 18 December 2020 – no refund
• If this tour is cancelled due to Covid 19 government travel restrictions, and a refund is available,Pukekohe Travel reserves the right in addition to any supplier imposed amendment and cancellation fees, to charge a service and administrative fee of $100 per person
We strongly advise all participants take out suitable travel insurance to cover cancellation costs. - Please ask for a quote.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a moderate to good level of fitness is required.
* Itinerary subject to schedule changes and weather permitting
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change