Our Bay of Islands weekend Escape gives you the best of the Far North with the highlight being the coach to Cape Reinga.
Join our exclusive coach in Pukekohe, Papakura or Newmarket and travel north to Whangarei, calling in to the impressive Kauri Museum at Matakohe on the way.
Coach, steam rail and boat are all part of our journey to Paihia in the picturesque Bay of Islands.
A full-day adventure to iconic Cape Reinga is included, with the journey up 90 mile beach, informed commentary, panoramic views and Maori folklore, all high points of a wonderful day.
Our relaxing journey home from Whangarei will give time to reflect on a special time away.
Our journey by coach begins in Pukekohe, with pick-ups at Papakura and Newmarket to the Capital of Northland – Whangarei. Continue through the Kaipara region to Maungaturoto for an exclusive stop-off at the renowned Kauri Museum at Matakohe. Late afternoon arrival at our centrally-located hotel for a one night stay. Enjoy a welcome dinner tonight.
After breakfast travel to the town of Kawakawa whose claims to fame are the dis-used railway lines running down the main street and the Hundertwasser-designed toilets. Climb aboard the Kawakawa Vintage Steam Train for a memorable steam engine ride to the town of Taumarere, before continuing on by coach to Paihia
Board our chartered cruise boat for a harbour cruise which includes a picnic lunch and visiting the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ landmark (weather permitting). Return to Paihia for a two night stay.
A full day excursion to the iconic Cape Reinga. Walk in the impressive Puketi Kauri Forest, cruise up 90 mile beach. Experience the beauty of the vast and untouched region of Cape Reinga where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet, stand alongside the iconic lighthouse built in 1941 and listen to historic commentary along the way. Enjoy a lunch along the way. Return to Paihia early evening after a great day out.
Today we return home, arriving in Pukekohe late afternoon.
• Coach travel Pukekohe - Whangarei – Kawakawa - Paihia – Whangarei- Pukekohe
• Day charter coach excursion Paihia – Cape Reinga return
• Ride on Kawakawa Vintage Steam train
• Visit to the renowned Matakohe Kauri Museum
• Bay of Islands harbour cruise (weather permitting)
• Accommodation in comfortable hotels in Whangarei & Paihia
• All transfers
• Three dinners, four lunches, breakfasts daily
• Informed commentary along the way
• Pukekohe Travel escort (subject to 25 people travelling)
|Cost Per Person * |
Auckland - Auckland
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
• Cancellation Insurance
• Items of a person nature
• A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person will secure a place on the tour
• Full payment by 26 February 2021
• All cancellations are on a per-person basis
• After 26 February 2021 – no refund
We recommend travel insurance for our clients. Please feel free to contact us for a quote.
• To ensure the tour is enjoyable for the whole group, a reasonable standard of fitness is required.
• Mobility frames and wheelchairs are not practical or permitted
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change