Country Roads of Switzerland with Insight Vacations
An intimate journey of discovery including a ride on the famous Glacier Express and staying in some of Switzerland's most enchanting hotels.
Contact us for alternative departure dates April to September 2021
- Lucerne: See the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Bern: See the floral displays, Bear Pits, Cathedral of St. Vincent, Federal Palace, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Gruyères: Travel along valley floors covered with rich meadowland, to the pretty town of Gruyères. .
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva and there is free time to explore.
- Chillon Castle: Visit the castle set on a rocky islet in the lake.
- Lake Geneva: Enjoy first-class seats as you cruise on the serene waters of the King of Lakes, inspiration to the early Romantic movement.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Weather permitting, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel on-board the world-famous Glacier Express, journey through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts.
- Lauterbrunnen: Enjoy your orientation of the village that takes its name from 'many fountains,' referring to the 72 waterfalls that are within the surrounding valley.
- Staubbach Falls: In the Valley of the Waterfalls, witness these magnificent falls that plunge 300 metres.
- Grindelwald: Explore this glacier village during an orientation led by your Travel Director.
- Brienz:Learn the history of woodcarving at the Jobin Swiss Woodcarving Centre.
Your travel itinerary
Tuesday 07 September
Zurich to Lucerne
Wednesday 08 September
Ascend the Summit of Mount Stanserhorn
Thursday 09 September
Bern, Gruyeres and Montreux
Friday 10 September
Lake Geneva & The Swiss Countryside
Saturday 11 September
Geneva and Scenic Lake Cruise
Sunday 12 September
Martigny, Sion and Zermatt
Monday 13 September
Zermatt at Leisure
Tuesday 14 September
The Italian Lake District to Baveno
Wednesday 15 September
The glamour and Glitz of St Moritz
Thursday 16 September
Leisure time in St Moritz
Friday 17 September
The Glacier Express
Saturday 18 September
Grindelwald at Leisure
Sunday 19 September
Rural Switzerland to Zurich
Monday 20 September
From $6,566 per person twinshare - based on 07 September 2021 departure
Contact us for availability and costs on alternative dates
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
Subject to change and availability. Terms and conditions apply
Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change