Ponant Cruises - The Great Adventure - Discover the Antarctic!
15 Nights Departing 28 February 2020
" Adding South Georgia will enhance your antartic experience"
Jim and Eve report on Ponant " We can recommend a Ponant Cruise our very recent experience on Le Lyrial met expectation - intimate small ship, comfortable cabins - all inclusive with French Flair"
After crossing the mythical Drake Passage, your ship will make its way to the White Continent, realm of the unexpected. Weather and ice conditions permitting, this extreme environment where nature reigns supreme will reveal to you its most beautiful secrets through numerous discoveries.
Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, seals and seabirds: these are some of the encounters you will most likely have the chance to experience in the Antarctic Peninsula, creating indelible memories.
Each day, whether on land, aboard your ship or during a Zodiac® outing, you will be surrounded by a grandiose decor ranging from icebergs to ice floe and ancient glaciers.
You will then discover South Georgia, its impressive glaciers and its black-sand beaches where imposing colonies of king penguins have taken up residence.
Your travel itinerary
Friday 28 February
Saturday 29 February
Sunday 01 March
Monday 02 March
Tuesday 03 March
Wednesday 04 March
Thursday 05 March
Friday 06 March
Saturday 07 March
Sunday 08 March
Monday 09 March
Tuesday 10 March
Wednesday 11 March
Thursday 12 March
Friday 13 March
Saturday 14 March
> Discover the Antarctic with PONANT!
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac®inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection…
- Hiking opportunity.
- Landscapes: drifting icebergs, ice floe, glaciers and snow-capped mountains in the Antarctic Peninsula; alpine landscapes, lush green plains and suspended glaciers in South Georgia.
- Wildlife: humpback whales, Gentoo penguins, Adelie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals and Weddell seals in the Antarctic Peninsula; king penguins, elephant seals, fur seals and macaroni penguins in South Georgia.
- Educational discovery in the respect of environment.
- New: for your comfort and convenience, an optional premium package including one night in Ushuaia on the eve of boarding your ship and an excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park (for details, see the “Pre/post & overlands” tab for your cruise. Please contact your travel adviser for information and bookings).
Superior Stateroom From $15,223.00 per person twinshare
Contact us for alternative Stateroom options and single rates.
*This is a cash or cheque price. Credit cards will incur a 2% fee
*Itinerary and costs subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
Subject to availability and change. Terms and conditions apply
Note: Pukekohe Travel reserves the right to correct errors and omissions on our website without recourse.
* Itinerary subject to change